• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2023 at 8:40 AM, Funnybooks said:

great choice!

Always wanted a war era cover - this one had the bonus bondage element. I'll still be looking for a Nazi cover, but this one fills the void until another one shows up in my price range!

On 10/18/2023 at 7:38 AM, Dr. Balls said:

This is my first Captain America pre-code after probably 13 years of pining away for one. At 1/5th the price, I have zero qualms about a married cover. :headbang: Super happy with how bright, colorful and not-hammered this 3.0 is.

Captain America 33 FRONT.jpeg

Awsome book! I can’t even remember the last time I got a GA Cap. I can’t even see paying the price for a poor or incomplete one. From the dawn of collecting, books like this were pretty much un-obtainable. Being a Schomburg war cover collector, I discovered Nedor, and Harvey early. I bought all I could lay my hands on for fractions of Cap. Now, even most of them are off the charts.

On 10/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, Robot Man said:

Awsome book! I can’t even remember the last time I got a GA Cap. I can’t even see paying the price for a poor or incomplete one.

Right? I didn't even think I would win this one - I won it by one bid increment. I'm relatively new to the pre-code hero stuff, so I'm way behind the curve for buying these at the prices of yesteryear, but it's opening my eyes up to finding nice looking GLODs or PLODs for a lot cheaper - I know people have been doing that for a long time, but I'd imagine it's going to become more and more popular.

On 10/18/2023 at 8:27 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Right? I didn't even think I would win this one - I won it by one bid increment. I'm relatively new to the pre-code hero stuff, so I'm way behind the curve for buying these at the prices of yesteryear, but it's opening my eyes up to finding nice looking GLODs or PLODs for a lot cheaper - I know people have been doing that for a long time, but I'd imagine it's going to become more and more popular.

The prices of yesterday year especially on books like this have always been stiff. I look at what I think was a lot back then and laugh. Everything is relative. Expensive then and still expensive now.

I rarely have a problem with defects (except rare occasions). As long as I know what I am buying. Depends on the book, price and timing.

GLODS & PLODS used to be the kiss of death. I think the bending point was the Berk collection and now the through the roof prices. 

On 10/18/2023 at 9:38 AM, Dr. Balls said:

This is my first Captain America pre-code after probably 13 years of pining away for one. At 1/5th the price, I have zero qualms about a married cover. :headbang: Super happy with how bright, colorful and not-hammered this 3.0 is.

I'm not a Captain America fan as much as I am a Schomburg fan, but I don't even think I have a Schomburg comic in my collection, sadly.  I know some people don't like green and purple, but I just saw what you paid for that, and to me, that's a steal.  Congrats.  I mean, I hate you now, but congrats, anyway. :D

On 10/18/2023 at 10:38 AM, Dr. Balls said:

We’re cut from the same cloth.  Awesome book!