• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2023 at 5:12 PM, BlackCrow said:

Pick these up this LB Cole's up this week....

2023-11-13_14-07-37.jpg

2023-11-13_14-28-20.jpg

2023-11-15_21-14-52.jpg

blueboltc.jpg

That issue of Ghostly Weird is, to me, one of the most nightmare-inducing covers of the Golden Age. Imagine being a kid and you're flipping through cartoon books and superheroes and you come across THAT!

On 11/18/2023 at 9:37 AM, Robot Man said:

For sure. But as a kid, this was the one that did it for me. My uncle gave me a few of his original ECs. This issue literally gave me nightmares after I the read the cover story. I have never forgotton it. 

IMG_7750.webp

Cuffed to a body, likely someone you've killed, stuck in the desert.  I wonder how many times this plot device has been used in movies and episodes since.

Megan Fox starred in one most recently, but I can remember a couple others...

The cover story is disturbing but maybe not as disturbing as the opener. :ohnoez:

On 11/18/2023 at 9:16 AM, thewritestuff said:

That issue of Ghostly Weird is, to me, one of the most nightmare-inducing covers of the Golden Age. Imagine being a kid and you're flipping through cartoon books and superheroes and you come across THAT!

If I have to pick one it would be the Thrilling Crime.....I was at my spending limt when I so this book up for auction and had to get it.

On 11/20/2023 at 10:24 PM, BlackCrow said:

If I have to pick one it would be the Thrilling Crime.....I was at my spending limt when I so this book up for auction and had to get it.

Same here.  It's either that or the Blue Bolt.  For me, the Ghostly Weird would be the last on the list, probably.  Nice acquisitions, though!