• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2023 at 5:19 AM, Silver said:

@fifties is the green cover issue the exact same interiors as the blue cover one?

Negative, it has entirely different stories, and titled the same as number 1.  There were not two number 1's and no number 2.

Scan_20231123.jpg

On 11/23/2023 at 12:57 PM, fifties said:

Negative, it has entirely different stories, and titled the same as number 1.  There were not two number 1's and no number 2.

Scan_20231123.jpg

So Weird! So there is a Tor 1, no number 2, then a  3,4, and 5.

Then there's a 3-D comics 1 and 2 both with new Tor stories? Why wasn't there a Tor #2? :pullhair:

On 11/23/2023 at 4:13 PM, Silver said:

So Weird! So there is a Tor 1, no number 2, then a  3,4, and 5.

Then there's a 3-D comics 1 and 2 both with new Tor stories? Why wasn't there a Tor #2? :pullhair:

There is no 3-D comics #1.  There are two 3-D comics #2, the first of which came in both standard size and magazine size. 

Each 3-D #2 is different than the other and different than any of the Tor comics run.

I'm afraid that you're both somewhat wrong.  If you look at my post showing some of my 3D fare, you will see that St. John put out "3D Comics", with both a one and a two issue.

There was no "Tor" title; the name was simply referenced under the masthead.  Adamstrange is correct in that there were two sizes of the first.  The one I bought off the news stand is larger.

On 11/24/2023 at 6:29 PM, LadyDeath said:

You won those really cheap. Surprised more weren't interested. I have a 5.5 of #14, great cover.

ACG's, at least in the horror genre, get little respect.  The covers can't match many of the other publishers fare at the time; Atlas, EC, Charlton, etc.  Their four stories usually only included one W/O a happy ending.

On 11/24/2023 at 8:29 PM, LadyDeath said:

You won those really cheap. Surprised more weren't interested. I have a 5.5 of #14, great cover.

I got a 6.0 from *ahem* another grading company a few months ago for just a few bucks more than this sold and was surprised I even got it for that, but I've thought some of their covers were a bit underappreciated.

On 11/25/2023 at 5:00 AM, fifties said:

ACG's, at least in the horror genre, get little respect.  

On 11/25/2023 at 8:27 AM, Telegan said:

but I've thought some of their covers were a bit underappreciated.

I concur.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:00 AM, fifties said:

ACG's, at least in the horror genre, get little respect.  The covers can't match many of the other publishers fare at the time; Atlas, EC, Charlton, etc.  Their four stories usually only included one W/O a happy ending.

Hadn't really noticed. Personally, I always enjoyed covers by Whitney and Bald on ACG. Definitely some memorable ones.

Edited by LadyDeath