• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,258 posts in this topic

Does this book resonate with anyone here?

Gosh no! That doesn;t resonate with me at ALL at ALL! Just because in my personal pre-code horror checklist (which you can copy/paste directly into a spreadsheet by going to Pov's Pre-code Horror Checklist I have broken out the Voodd Annual from the regular Voodoo books as a seperate thing to acquire? Nah! No resonance!

PS - yeah - I am pulling your leg! grin.gif

PPS - NICE Acquisition!!!!!

Hahaha... thanks, POV! 27_laughing.gif

This book is hard to find in any grade, but for some reason, if I do see it, it's restored, falling apart, or in G or VG- condition.

I'm a complete Farrell mark... I just love their work. Iger rules! I have another gem that I'll be posting soon.

Edited by paull

Hahaha... thanks, POV! 27_laughing.gif

This book is hard to find in any grade, but for some reason, if I do see it, it's restored, falling apart, or in G or VG- condition.

I'm a complete Farrell mark... I just love their stuff. My favorite pre-code stuff is the Aragon/Gilmor and Farrell stuff. Iger rules! I have another gem that I'll be posting soon.

Hey Paul! Do me a favor and proof my entires for Ajax-Farrell and Aragon/Gilmore! Let me know if you see anything I have missed. The pre-code checklist is an ongoing thing. The list is broken out as Title, Issue Numbers for that title, start/stop month and year and any added notes.

Heck - check the whole list and let me know if you see things I have missed or should correct! grin.gif

Farrell I have listed as follows:

Haunted Thrills 1-18 Jun-52 Feb-55

Voodoo 1-19 May-52 Feb-55

Strange Fantasy 2, 2-15 Aug-52 Nov-54 (first iss #2, then 2nd #2 immediately followed)

Fantastic Comics 10-11 Nov-54 Feb-55

Fantastic Fears 7-8, 3-9 May-53 Oct-54

Voodoo Annual 1 1952 1 issue only

Gilmore I have listed as follows (note entry for alternate publisher names)

Mister Mystery 1-19 Sep-51 Oct-54 Gilmore:AKA Aragon, Key, Stanmor, Media

Weird Chills 1-3 Jul-54 Nov-54

Weird Mysteries 1-12 Oct-52 Sep-54

Weird Tales of the Future 1-8 Mar-52 Jul-53

thumbsup2.gif

638950-IMGP1997.JPG

"I work for what I git!"

"But I'm so weak..."

Not as weak as that excuse ya bum! Now chop my wood!!!

893applaud-thumb.gifhalf the fun of seeing these stories is the outdated dialogue, great stuff Paul! Also the expression on the man's face on the cover is priceless!

hahahaha! Farrell rules!! I'll have to read that story and let you know how it ends. I bet that something besides wood gets chopped!

Hey POV, your list looks good to me! I don't have a big collection of Gilmor/Aragon and Farrell books yet, but if I can contribute anything in the future, I will.

Paull

Great pickup - and decent eye appeal!

I always thought the Voodoo & Fighting Man Annuals were pretty cool and agree they always seem to be very low grade when they show up. I don't have either one, but maybe someday.

Thanks for sharing the splash pages - does anyone know If the contents vary in the Ajax/Farrell annuals?

hahahaha! Farrell rules!! I'll have to read that story and let you know how it ends. I bet that something besides wood gets chopped!

Hey POV, your list looks good to me! I don't have a big collection of Gilmor/Aragon and Farrell books yet, but if I can contribute anything in the future, I will.

Judging from the first page splash he comes back to chop something other than wood! 27_laughing.gif

Oops, you did say that already didn't you? crazy.gif

Edited by Jayman

Nice pick-up! I still need that book for my collection. However, I find that the Black Cat 50 and Witches Tales 25 are always overpriced as compared to rarer books. There are even files copies of both floating around... anyone ever see a file copy of Mister Mystery 12?

Your copy is far better than the one I saw on eBay recently. Hopefully you got it for a reasonable price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=70&item=2281989038&rd=1

Edited by paull

Hey Jayman, I read the story from Voodoo Annual last night... unfortunately the hobo didn't come back and chop up that woman. He ended up dying while chopping wood, came back as a ghoul and ended up scaring the woman to death. Personally, I would have preferred that he strike in vengeance!

Hey Jayman, I read the story from Voodoo Annual last night... unfortunately the hobo didn't come back and chop up that woman. He ended up dying while chopping wood, came back as a ghoul and ended up scaring the woman to death. Personally, I would have preferred that he strike in vengeance!

Thanks Paul, I agree that would have been a better scenario! "Gonna git my vengeance, hee, heee!"

BTW: I just made my first pre-code purchase in about 12 years, (I had to join in the fun on this thread). A book whose cover I've alwayed thought was cloud9.gif Will post when book is in hand!