• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,238 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2023 at 4:49 PM, fifties said:

I have most of that run, and bought that issue 50 years ago at a used bookstore for 4 bucks.  The stories and artwork are reasonably good, and the Sci Fi story is excellent horror.  

Minor update. It was very, very close, but I managed to nab it for $250 CAD ($184 USD) + shipping/fees/taxes/etc. It came in a lot along with a few other old comics of that era, albeit not horror. May or may not be worth a pretty penny on their own; who knows. But do feel free to give me a guesstimate as to whether or not they have at least some worth (obviously, I'm not an expert in this field):

0ystWuw1fr

On 12/4/2023 at 7:12 PM, stormflora said:

Minor update. It was very, very close, but I managed to nab it for $250 CAD ($184 USD) + shipping/fees/taxes/etc. It came in a lot along with a few other old comics of that era, albeit not horror. May or may not be worth a pretty penny on their own; who knows. But do feel free to give me a guesstimate as to whether or not they have at least some worth (obviously, I'm not an expert in this field):

0ystWuw1fr

Of course they have some worth; they were worth it to you, LOL! 

Please post the Adv Into Weird Worlds by itself when you receive it, for us to give an estimate of value. 

AFA the other books, crime, unless with a GGA or bloody cover, doesn't get a lot of respect.   The war books all look like they're CCA coded, so I wouldn't imagine a lot of value there either.  If you were going to liquidate them, I'd list them on eBay as a lot of 7 war books.  List each crime book by itself with a starting bid of $10-15.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:15 PM, fifties said:

Of course they have some worth; they were worth it to you, LOL! 

Please post the Adv Into Weird Worlds by itself when you receive it, for us to give an estimate of value. 

AFA the other books, crime, unless with a GGA or bloody cover, doesn't get a lot of respect.   The war books all look like they're CCA coded, so I wouldn't imagine a lot of value there either.  If you were going to liquidate them, I'd list them on eBay as a lot of 7 war books.  List each crime book by itself with a starting bid of $10-15.

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

By definition, would the "crime books" be the Crime and Punishment (obviously) and the Kenny Drake Detective book?

On 12/10/2023 at 7:48 PM, sartrexpress said:

A couple of related Bill Everett covers.

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

Mystic 9; "Carl Burgos may have done the trees and the tombstones."  https://www.atlastales.com/issue/2921

Marvel Tales 112; Cover Credits; "Bill Everett pencils unsigned"  https://www.atlastales.com/issue/2276