• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I got this for inventory, but just don't know if I can let it go. This one is chock full of what made this run legendary, and while the Ditko covers usually get the love, this might be my favorite cover of the run..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

bGmWyY4.jpg

I got this for inventory, but just don't know if I can let it go. This one is chock full of what made this run legendary, and while the Ditko covers usually get the love, this might be my favorite cover of the run..... GOD BLESS....

bGmWyY4.jpg

I have to say, one thing that I love about this thread and the Undead Thread, is that it is leading me to a greater appreciation of books that I've overlooked, like this one. The downside is that my "must have" list for the year has tripled, even though I've found and bought more books this year than in the previous decade!

Great book Jimbo!

bGmWyY4.jpg

Great book. I had a copy in cgc 6.5. Couldn't sell it. It was like the plague. Don't understand the lack of love.

While we are waiting for fifties to cough up probably an incomplete run of Haunted Thrills and since there is love for Farrell, how about this run too? By the way, anybody keeping track, does this finish of Farrell horror?

comfantasticfearscompleterun_zpsp0alyzch.jpg

comfantastic5_zpsfelfacvx.jpg

comfantastic_zps9jossryp.jpg

Actually I am again going to be short on these runs, and I'll tell you why; as I've always stated, I buy 'em to read, and as you yourself know, there is always a clunker or two, with no salvageable stories. In those cases, I've simply sold the books, so the funds could be used to buy others. Given that, I have very few totally complete runs, that go over maybe a dozen issues. Hell, I've even 86'd a few EC's (very few) for that reason.

Anyways, here's the Haunted Thrills entry;

zthzwx.jpg

Here's the Fantastic Fears;

2wnz6mo.jpg

And while we are on Ajax, how about Strange Fantasy?

290uam1.jpg

Jimmers wanted to see Canadian publisher Superior;

2wqap3p.jpg

35k5p3t.jpg

And of course their flagship title, Journey Into Fear;

2mxeq82.jpg

mmrbsw.jpg

Admittedly not every issue, but most of 'em.

By golly, this is almost as good as going through Ernie Gerber's Photo Journal of Comic Books, ain't it? :wink:

Wow, fifties took most of the day off yesterday but was apparently very busy. I'll show my Superiors too. I believe mine are complete so I should cover what ever he doesn't have.

I am on the road today for the next week so I will only be able to post what I have in my bucket. But, I have some interesting stuff stockpiled...

So Jimmers wants Superior? Here are mine. Overall, not a whole lot of cover standouts, but pretty good interiors.

comjourneyintofearrun_zpswa7bhfom.jpg

commysteriesweirdstrangerun_zpsybctgccy.jpg

comstrangemysteriesrun_zpsmi0x2kee.jpg

One of my very favorites, that I finally own !

Marvel%20Tales_zps6wa73ifc.jpg

Very nice! This issue intrigues me also, reminds me of the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still". How good is the cover story?

I like it very much, but some may not. Told from a child's perspective, and has a great blend of innocence with the unknown. The art is great.

One of my very favorites, that I finally own !

Marvel%20Tales_zps6wa73ifc.jpg

Very nice! This issue intrigues me also, reminds me of the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still". How good is the cover story?

If I had to guess also , that is a Carl Burgos cover. Nice pastels. :golfclap:

His covers had a lot of that..... I love 'em.... GOD BLESS...

I was glad I scored this one today and it is currently heading my way. Only 3 in the census, and Heritage has only sold 2 copies, one poor and one good. Plus, it's one of my favorite Russ Heath horror covers!

image.jpg

Dan R.

image.jpg