• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Any modern Strange stories that you like or could recommend? I have hardly read any modern comics, but I picked up a collection of 18 modern longboxes recently. As I've gone thru the boxes (to sell) I've pulled a few story arcs to read. I thought the Strange series was good. Today I read the Jason Aaron Thor story arc about the God slayer. I really liked that one too. I usually just pick up trade paperbacks but it's been fun reading the comics

These are my favorite Doc stories after the original Strange Tales run:

Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom: Triumph and Torment

Dr Strange and Dr Doom go to hell to rescue Doom's mom. Illustrated by Hellboy's Mike Mignola. GREAT BOOK!

Dr. Strange: The Oath

Brian K Vaughan and Martin Marcos put out the best Strange stories in YEARS.

Dr. Strange and Dracula: The Montresi Formula

Classic story from the second Dr. Strange series. Also starring Blade and Hannibal King.

Hope this helps!

Any modern Strange stories that you like or could recommend? I have hardly read any modern comics, but I picked up a collection of 18 modern longboxes recently. As I've gone thru the boxes (to sell) I've pulled a few story arcs to read. I thought the Strange series was good. Today I read the Jason Aaron Thor story arc about the God slayer. I really liked that one too. I usually just pick up trade paperbacks but it's been fun reading the comics

These are my favorite Doc stories after the original Strange Tales run:

Dr. Strange and Dr. Doom: Triumph and Torment

Dr Strange and Dr Doom go to hell to rescue Doom's mom. Illustrated by Hellboy's Mike Mignola. GREAT BOOK!

Dr. Strange: The Oath

Brian K Vaughan and Martin Marcos put out the best Strange stories in YEARS.

Dr. Strange and Dracula: The Montresi Formula

Classic story from the second Dr. Strange series. Also starring Blade and Hannibal King.

Hope this helps!

I'll check those out, thanks

Such a small collector pool for those pence copies. And it's not as though prices are so outrageous on ST 110 yet that someone would need to consider getting one of them instead of an original American copy.

-J.

The cents 7.0 copy went for $4.8K. The pence one went for $2.7K, which is about 55% of its U.S. counterpart. It did have better page quality, though.

What do you guys think of this 9.0 SS that's for sale on ebay?

At first glance I thought Stan signed it in invisible ink, because I couldn't find his signature.

Do you think the owner had him sign it this way on purpose to make the signature subtle, or do you think this was another instance of bad planning on the facilitator's part (when signing, using a light color marker you should sign in a dark area).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271825956445?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Does anybody have a new guide that they can share the new values of this book? I know it's only a "guide" but I'd be interested to know what it's valued at now.

Thanks in advance!

Just picked my guide up today.

St110

2.0= 550

4.0= 1100

6.0= 2200

8.0= 5000

9.0= 10,000

9.2= 15,000

Haven't the slabbed 9.0s been going for over $20,000?

Does anybody have a new guide that they can share the new values of this book? I know it's only a "guide" but I'd be interested to know what it's valued at now.

Thanks in advance!

St110

2.0= 550

4.0= 1100

6.0= 2200

8.0= 5000

9.0= 10,000

9.2= 15,000

Since when do the guides give accurate prices for slabs?

Thanks in advance!

St110

2.0= 550

4.0= 1100

6.0= 2200

8.0= 5000

9.0= 10,000

9.2= 15,000

Since when do the guides give accurate prices for slabs?

Yeah.... never.