• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

I think the Super High Grade 110s had crazy prices in 2014 which have made an adjustment downward. Some of those 2014 prices were shocking. I wish I would have sold my 9.0 in 2014.

But otherwise:

8.0 2014=$6,700 2016=$7,300

7.0 2014=$3800 2016=$5600

6.0 2014=$2500 2016=$3300

5.0 2014=$1750 2016=$2150

4.0 2014=$1400 2016=$1800

3.0 2014=$880 2016=$950

2.0 2014=$640 2016=$925

1.8 2014=$510 2016=$675

Are the .5 price points about halfway between those numbers or not so much. It really jumps from 5.0 to 6.0 to 7.0. Very interested to see how prices react to movie release.

The .5s all show gains too (except for the highest grades of .5s).

8.5 has adjusted downward. 7.5 stayed the same. But every other .5 has had nice gains, some have been huge.

Edited by gadzukes

Up to $305 already. Do people not see that the front cover and inside cover are completely different pages? The innards look like Xerox copies...

Is now a good time to pick up a copy or do we expect prices to dip a little?

Seems to have been trending down, as far as I can tell. Whether the apparent success of the movie will reverse that, I don't know

Seems to have been trending down, as far as I can tell. Whether the apparent success of the movie will reverse that, I don't know

Definitely an overall cooling off of the book... Speculation is over but now we'll see if fans of the movie start looking for the book

Maybe "stinks" is too strong a word. Neutral. Not bad, not good. Certainly won't watch it a second time. Of course with all things, some like ... some don't.

I felt like I was watching Iron man 1 all over again. Like the start of the Marvel cinematic universe.

If DC could just copy Marvel a little I would enjoy their movies. :cry:

Maybe "stinks" is too strong a word. Neutral. Not bad, not good. Certainly won't watch it a second time. Of course with all things, some like ... some don't.

I'm curious.

What did you find so "neutral" about the movie?

The plot, the actors, the special effects, the soundtrack?

I haven't seen Doctor Strange yet, but I like Cumberbatch movies & Sherlock (BBC).

I'm curious.

I haven't seen Doctor Strange yet, but I like Cumberbatch movies & Sherlock (BBC).

Sherlock is one of the best shows I've ever seen...

Edited by comicquant

I'm curious.

Sherlock is one of the best shows I've ever seen...

The episode, A Scandal in Belgravia, with Irene Adler (the Dominatrix) is s-u-p-e-r funny.

Cooling off is just the normal pattern for a book like this after the release of a movie.

I expect the prices will go back up once it is confirmed that there will be a sequel to this movie and that Dr. Strange will also be appearing in other Marvel movies going forward. (thumbs u

Just a matter of the time frame here. :taptaptap: