• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Ten Silver Age Investment Comics of 2013

318 posts in this topic

Umm...and that Daredevil has had his own series continually published since 1964 while Hawkeye has been--at best--just a supporting character in the Avengers or West Coast Avengers.

In no way are the two books comparable.

I agree, DD is a more important and a larger character.

However, I do think that TOS57 is a good investment right now, but then again so is DD1.

Both still have large upsides IMHO.

Keep the supply side in mind, as well. There are five times as many DD 1's graded than there are TOS 57's.

A large portion of all of the big key books mentioned here have gone up a lot over the last year or two. I think right now is a great time to hunt for any of them at modest prices. There's a good chance that some of them will be offered at lower prices by sellers who are still used to the recent prices, and have not jacked up their asking prices much.

Something like AF 15 isn't likely to turn up for a bargain, but I'll bet many of the other top key books will. Just keep an eye out for all of them, and be ready for a great priced book.

Comics are kool again.

I never thought that after all this time, it would happen again in the 2000's.

Everything is cyclical I suppose.

Good times!

Umm...and that Daredevil has had his own series continually published since 1964 while Hawkeye has been--at best--just a supporting character in the Avengers or West Coast Avengers.

In no way are the two books comparable.

I agree, DD is a more important and a larger character.

However, I do think that TOS57 is a good investment right now, but then again so is DD1.

Both still have large upsides IMHO.

Keep the supply side in mind, as well. There are five times as many DD 1's graded than there are TOS 57's.

Good point.

To be fair though, we both know that if TOS57 begins to take off as Avengers 2 starts showing up in market (or they ever make a Hawkeye movie) that the grading will increase exponentially. Books get graded more rapidly as they are identified as opportunities to make money.

I wouldn't turndown a copy of either. :grin:

Ya it is going thru the roof, if u can even find it any where

Yep, you can make some money on this one over the next twelve months if you get in soon. Copies are all over the place if you are willing to pay.

Don't think I will own more than one copy 24 months from now though.

Fantastic Four #52 is quite possibly the hottest book out there...

I beg to differ: ST110 is even hotter. :banana:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-tales-110-cgc-/290942412098?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43bd84e542

As far as 5.0s go, this one looks really good. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes for over $1000. :ohnoez:

My numbers say it sells for $1174

Fantastic Four #52 is quite possibly the hottest book out there...

I beg to differ: ST110 is even hotter. :banana:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-tales-110-cgc-/290942412098?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43bd84e542

As far as 5.0s go, this one looks really good. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes for over $1000. :ohnoez:

Yeh, you may be right..

That is an awesome book to have, EXTREMELY UNDERVALUED, it's the fourth app of spidey, but it sells for so low

It is an average book with the only real reason to collect it being that you are a Spidey completist.

This book is not a key and it sells for so low because of that reason.

It's also a great comic book, I think. The cover is nice, the combination of Ditko and Kirby artwork is great, and the story is very enjoyable in the early Marvel style.