• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

I wasn't aware that the books were still available! Yes that is a huge red-flag. Thanks! I will call him in the AM.

Whew...

I just checked and when you click on the Hulk 1 and IM 55 it says out of stock in the cart...

I bought another TOS 39 and 40

Still will give him a call to discuss...

:facepalm:

He means he bought a different copy from what's up on the site. In other words, "It's all good."

Amazingly deep inventory. Multiple copies of TOS 39 and 40.

And the other books didn't show out of stock earlier today.

All personal information is available using a simple whois lookup on the domain name. that was enough to stop me from thinking about it multiple numbers addresses.

How about a few other people all buy 1 cheap book from multiple states and countries..........talk about your mail fraud charges on that one.

Don't know if OP was serious but if he was and bought 2 more books then either

1. He won the powerball for 350 million awhile back

2. He is not able to see the scans as his computer just reads the text to him

3. He is the same person as the seller. Holy double identities Batman!!

4. He is part of the operation with the seller

5. He is smoking some seriously good mess!

6. Saw the cheap prices and hell worth a shot let greed take over

7. His cat and dog were running on the keyboard when he was grading and pricing.

Ehh as Stan always wrote "Nuff Said"

Thanks, I appreciate what you have said and yes I have been selling my books for about a year and a half now. I am not trying to enable someone that is doing something bad. I was unaware that the scans/Pics being used are from other sites. How can I discern that? I certainly would be glad to understand how to do that.

I only stated which books I bought as an answer to another board member's post and never listed what I paid nor am I cavalier about losing my money. I was floored this AM by the response to my post and then surprised when it was removed. I had to attend church related engagements today and then was surprised again to see the post back up tonite and have not had a chance to call. I absolutely do not want someone to take advantage of anyone and am the one currently being taken advantage of (if what you suspect is true about this guy)

I had no idea this guy was a known scammer and to say I am unconcerned about the welfare of others is a stretch and definitely not true. Otherwise I never would have posted what has become me airing my stupidity for all to see and poke fun at.

Finally you make a good point on posting what happens when the books arrive. I in no way want to be seen as supporting someone who is a "scammer". So I should just stop posting about this. That is certainly how I have felt all day anyway.

I really do appreciate the feedback and I know you mean well but I am not keen on continuing to defend a bad decision. Here is to a new day tomorrow and good night

All personal information is available using a simple whois lookup on the domain name. that was enough to stop me from thinking about it multiple numbers addresses.

How about a few other people all buy 1 cheap book from multiple states and countries..........talk about your mail fraud charges on that one.

Don't know if OP was serious but if he was and bought 2 more books then either

1. He won the powerball for 350 million awhile back

2. He is not able to see the scans as his computer just reads the text to him

3. He is the same person as the seller. Holy double identities Batman!!

4. He is part of the operation with the seller

5. He is smoking some seriously good mess!

6. Saw the cheap prices and hell worth a shot let greed take over

7. His cat and dog were running on the keyboard when he was grading and pricing.

Ehh as Stan always wrote "Nuff Said"

Agreed. Something here stinks like Pee Wee Herman on a steamin' hot day.

OP vouches for someone he doesn't know very well. He spends some serious money on some serious books that are selling for a too good to be true price. Then he buys more keys?

We may have found the only naive, rich comic collector in the universe.

I bought a different TOS 39 and 40 than what is shown now on the sight. How do I make this go away!? I DID NOT BUY 2 MORE BOOKS FROM THIS GUY!

My mistake.

Something still doesn't feel right about your original post and this thread but I hope this turns out ok for you.

Thanks, I appreciate what you have said and yes I have been selling my books for about a year and a half now. I am not trying to enable someone that is doing something bad. I was unaware that the scans/Pics being used are from other sites. How can I discern that? I certainly would be glad to understand how to do that.

I only stated which books I bought as an answer to another board member's post and never listed what I paid nor am I cavalier about losing my money. I was floored this AM by the response to my post and then surprised when it was removed. I had to attend church related engagements today and then was surprised again to see the post back up tonite and have not had a chance to call. I absolutely do not want someone to take advantage of anyone and am the one currently being taken advantage of (if what you suspect is true about this guy)

I had no idea this guy was a known scammer and to say I am unconcerned about the welfare of others is a stretch and definitely not true. Otherwise I never would have posted what has become me airing my stupidity for all to see and poke fun at.

Finally you make a good point on posting what happens when the books arrive. I in no way want to be seen as supporting someone who is a "scammer". So I should just stop posting about this. That is certainly how I have felt all day anyway.

I really do appreciate the feedback and I know you mean well but I am not keen on continuing to defend a bad decision. Here is to a new day tomorrow and good night

I do apologize as I thought you had purchased 2 more books from the seller. If you are truly legit than you have my sympathies as I fear you are in for either a severe disappointment or a long and lengthy battle to get your money or books back

Best of luck to you and honestly I did almost click the buy button myself the 1st day maybe 1st 10 minutes it was up til I was told better and looked around more and investigated myself as I can not afford to take that kind of hit in my pocket right now,.

I have a feeling we're being played like a banjo.

Noooooooo

Deliverance and camping and really really bad things happen when you hear banjos!!!

You were notified he was a scammer 30 minutes after starting this thread last night.

You've had plenty of time to contact the seller.

So far your only response has been...

So even though you guys have me scared spitless the optimist in me must say the jury is still out until I receive my books. Hope springs eternal they say and I find myself reeeeaaally trying hard to hope.

I will report back when I receive the books.

Did a little research....

Here's The House of Comics TOS #40

THOC Unenlarged TOC #40

THOC Enlarged TOS #40

I also have screen captures in case these just happen to disappear.

And here is eBay seller tmcabee333 (0) with the same TOS #40

tmcabee333 Unenlarged TOS #40

tmcabee333 Enlarged TOS #40

I also have screen captures in case these also just happen to disappear.

Bottom line...same photograph.

tos40.JPG

$T2eC16dHJHwE9n8ii+WJBRsqL1wWdQ~~60_3.JPG

An awful ot of noobs popping up here lately... hm

A n00b that can be cavalier about $2400, no less. That is the best kind of n00b!

24d7w.jpg

I have a feeling we're being played like a banjo.

That's better than being plucked like a harp.

Okay, feeling totally jaded and let down and VERY stupid! The order arrived this AM and instead of mid grade key books I received a package of low, low grade scrub books. I called this "person" (I would like to say something else!) and he promptly hung up on me when I told him I received his books. He then e-mailed that he had a phone issue and asked what was wrong. He sent his cell # as well and when I called that surprise he did not answer. UGH! I videoed me opening the package took pictures and have contacted the necessary authorities. Frustrated with myself and especially with how naive I was! I am so embarrassed but am posting this to hopefully inform others and would love to hear what you all say about how to deal with someone like this! You guys called it and I was too Optimistic in my assessment. Please forgive me for steering you towards this black hole!

Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to View Image Album

Simply Powerful eCommerce

More than just a pretty picture. Try Vendio Image Hosting.

Okay, feeling totally jaded and let down and VERY stupid! The order arrived this AM and instead of mid grade key books I had a package of low, low grade scrub books. I called this "person" (I would like to say something else!) and he promptly hung up on me when I told him I received his books. He then e-mailed that he had a phone issue and asked what was wrong. He sent his cell # as well and when I called that surprise he did not answer. UGH! I videoed me opening the package took pictures and have contacted the necessary authorities.

Frustrated with myself and especially with how naive I was! I am so embarrassed but am posting this to hopefully inform others and would love to hear what you all say about how to deal with someone like this!

You guys called it and I was too Optimistic in my assessment. Please forgive me for steering you towards this black hole!

Time for a chargeback. PP will side with you as these aren't the books you ordered. Better do it right now.

No Paypal....thru charge card on the site. I have notified the card company (The Bank in Canada) and they are working with me. There must be an internet fraud agency somewhere that I can contact as well as the authorities here locally that I have already contacted to sting this guy...