• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

Best part of that video was timing how long it took for that package to come open...I was like "Open the *blank*ing thing already!!" :)

Wow...not even that he sent the wrong books (bad enough) but the books he DID send were low grade too. Basically a double middle finger. How can sellers with any slight semblance of a conscience do this to people? Ick.

Best part of that video was timing how long it took for that package to come open...I was like "Open the *blank*ing thing already!!" :)

Wow...not even that he sent the wrong books (bad enough) but the books he DID send were low grade too. Basically a double middle finger. How can sellers with any slight semblance of a conscience do this to people? Ick.

They probably sleep soundly at night, too.

:eek:

-slym

Geez, this whole tale is sad. :facepalm:

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but this seller is in the United States (North Carolina if I recall correctly). Ajester has his location listed as Canada.

I would be curious to know what the customs form says? Are there ramifications (and no, that is not a pun on the sodomy jokes) for fraudulent customs declarations? (shrug)

Doth mein eyes deceive?

Was that $2400 order in an envelope, between two pieces of cardboard?

I was right. They didn't even spit on it.

:eek:

Geez, this whole tale is sad. :facepalm:

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but this seller is in the United States (North Carolina if I recall correctly). Ajester has his location listed as Canada.

I would be curious to know what the customs form says? Are there ramifications (and no, that is not a pun on the sodomy jokes) for fraudulent customs declarations? (shrug)

For overdeclaring value, no, not really.

For under declaring, not really. The penalties would effect the receiver more, who would get stuck paying additional taxes and duties.

After being told about this thread a few days ago and finally taking a look tonight, a few hackneyed statements come to mind

A fool and his money are soon parted!

and

If it's too good to be true, it is!

Sorry working on the video. Loaded from IPhone need to change from private.

Yes he sent entirely wrong Books!?

Sucks that this happened to you!

Please update us. What's happening?

Has anything been resolved?

Sorry working on the video. Loaded from IPhone need to change from private.

Yes he sent entirely wrong Books!?

Sucks that this happened to you!

Please update us. What's happening?

Has anything been resolved?

Has he responded?

Have you started a chargeback?

It is ongoing. Cannot really discuss as I am pursuing legally. I got him removed from eBay. Suffice to say that anyone else who has been duped by this guy (I believe there was one other) should report it to IC3 which is the Internet Crime Unit of the FBI. Working with other authorities/agencies as well.

Here is a list of agencies you can contact for help for any who experience similar issues:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) - FBI

Consumer Protection Agency

Local Sherriff's Office

United States Postal Inspection Service

RCMP - in Canada

CBSA - Canada Border Services Agency

ICE - US Customs Enforcement

Your Charge card's fraud department

After this experience I must say the absolute best thing to do is if you are unsure about a particular seller run it through the filter of the CGC Board Members first! Had I asked the question I would have found out that someone else had a run in with this person and would have avoided the bad experience. Not to mention the heavy dose of common sense dealt out on these boards.

I hope the tuition I have paid here will help others.

AJester

It is ongoing. Cannot really discuss as I am pursuing legally. I got him removed from eBay. Suffice to say that anyone else who has been duped by this guy (I believe there was one other) should report it to IC3 which is the Internet Crime Unit of the FBI. Working with other authorities/agencies as well.

Here is a list of agencies you can contact for help for any who experience similar issues:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) - FBI

Consumer Protection Agency

Local Sherriff's Office

United States Postal Inspection Service

RCMP - in Canada

CBSA - Canada Border Services Agency

ICE - US Customs Enforcement

Your Charge card's fraud department

After this experience I must say the absolute best thing to do is if you are unsure about a particular seller run it through the filter of the CGC Board Members first! Had I asked the question I would have found out that someone else had a run in with this person and would have avoided the bad experience. Not to mention the heavy dose of common sense dealt out on these boards.

I hope the tuition I have paid here will help others.

AJester

I'm sure the rest of those are helpful, but I know that my local Sheriff's Office would be extraordinarily unhelpful about me getting the wrong batch of comics in the mail.

Depending on where the scammer lives, the local police may or may not be of much use. If you recall, Ian Levine got taken by a guy in a small town in Ohio and when Ian called the local cops, a Detective spoke to him and took a ride out to the miscreants house. I don't thinlk that would have happened in NYC.

I am Elizabeth from the house of comics. I can admit that maybe we have done some dumb things along the way but we are in no way scammers. I have posted plenty of photos for any doubters on photobucket you can go there and see everything we have. My house is full of comics that’s why I named it the house of comics just go look..

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/thocomics/library/

In rebuttal

1.Yes, we started out on eBay and used them to pull some customers over to our website (wow we are real evil doers there aren’t we)

2.Paypal is scum sucking bastards that would put our money on hold and say they were concerned we might be a risk, but then they would let us use the money to buy on ebay but would not let us transfer our funds. IF they really thought that why would they let us spend 2 g’s on ebay??? That’s why we started our own website

3.We have a 14 day return policy! so send the comics back mister jester and stop buying from us. I know you had your order with the iron man 55 why the heck did you come back buy another one

4.Yes, we are very good at finding and tracking down old collections of comics, and I am not going to tell you how because we are a business and those are insider secrets lol

5.I am in no way a scam artist I am a southern momma of three girls and we don’t raise people like that around here

I am Elizabeth from the house of comics. I can admit that maybe we have done some dumb things along the way but we are in no way scammers. I have posted plenty of photos for any doubters on photobucket you can go there and see everything we have. My house is full of comics that’s why I named it the house of comics just go look..

In rebuttal

1.Yes, we started out on eBay and used them to pull some customers over to our website (wow we are real evil doers there aren’t we)

2.Paypal is scum sucking bastards that would put our money on hold and say they were concerned we might be a risk, but then they would let us use the money to buy on ebay but would not let us transfer our funds. IF they really thought that why would they let us spend 2 g’s on ebay??? That’s why we started our own website

3.We have a 14 day return policy! so send the comics back mister jester and stop buying from us. I know you had your order with the iron man 55 why the heck did you come back buy another one

4.Yes, we are very good at finding and tracking down old collections of comics, and I am not going to tell you how because we are a business and those are insider secrets lol

5.I am in no way a scam artist I am a southern momma of three girls and we don’t raise people like that around here

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I know I will. :foryou:

In rebuttal

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I know I will. :foryou:

100_3937_zps19c9d263.jpg