• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

Sorry there is no internet fraud main agency best to contact the authorities in your town and his local.

Federal and State will not bother with such a small case imo

Doth mein eyes deceive?

Was that $2400 order in an envelope, between two pieces of cardboard?

I was right. They didn't even spit on it.

Doth mein eyes deceive?

Was that $2400 order in an envelope, between two pieces of cardboard?

I was right. They didn't even spit on it.

I had to go back and find out what you were referencing......I found it and now my sides hurt from laughing :roflmao:

Okay, feeling totally jaded and let down and VERY stupid! The order arrived this AM and instead of mid grade key books I received a package of low, low grade scrub books. I called this "person" (I would like to say something else!) and he promptly hung up on me when I told him I received his books. He then e-mailed that he had a phone issue and asked what was wrong. He sent his cell # as well and when I called that surprise he did not answer. UGH! I videoed me opening the package took pictures and have contacted the necessary authorities. Frustrated with myself and especially with how naive I was! I am so embarrassed but am posting this to hopefully inform others and would love to hear what you all say about how to deal with someone like this! You guys called it and I was too Optimistic in my assessment. Please forgive me for steering you towards this black hole!
Image Hosting by Vendio

Click to View Image Album

Simply Powerful eCommerce

More than just a pretty picture. Try Vendio Image Hosting.

They sent you the entirely wrong order! :(
I did order a couple of books from this guy that I was going to submit for grading so I will let you know. I actually had a good conversation with him and even talked to his wife. It was obviously a home based business as I heard little ones in the background. I guess I might be easily duped but it felt very legitimate to me. So to answer Tony's question I ordered a TOS 39, 40, Hulk 1, ASM 129 and IM 55 from them. So even though you guys have me scared spitless the optimist in me must say the jury is still out until I receive my books. Hope springs eternal they say and I find myself reeeeaaally trying hard to hope. I will report back when I receive the books. Here is hoping for NO Helter Skelter! AJester

Video is private..

I was kinda expecting to see a TMNT 1 3rd print in there...

could you sharpen the box cutter before the next installment?

Seriously! I thought he was gonna gut himself at one point. lol

Tales To Astonish #42

This is also the same photo as on The House of Comics website.

His standard auction text is enough to scare me away.

VERY FINE +.. AMAZING COMIC IN BEAUTIFUL CONDITION!!! PLEASE CONTACT BE BEFORE YOU BUY OR COMMIT TO BUY THIS ITEM, THANK YOU!!!

Or, please contact me before buying so we can move it off ebay and save you money avoid buyer protection.

Okay, feeling totally jaded and let down and VERY stupid! The order arrived this AM and instead of mid grade key books I received a package of low, low grade scrub books. I called this "person" (I would like to say something else!) and he promptly hung up on me when I told him I received his books. He then e-mailed that he had a phone issue and asked what was wrong. He sent his cell # as well and when I called that surprise he did not answer. UGH! I videoed me opening the package took pictures and have contacted the necessary authorities.

Frustrated with myself and especially with how naive I was! I am so embarrassed but am posting this to hopefully inform others and would love to hear what you all say about how to deal with someone like this!

You guys called it and I was too Optimistic in my assessment. Please forgive me for steering you towards this black hole!

You need to develop you scumdar. Stick around and read lots of threads and absorb as much information as possible. It'll save you a lot of heartache in the future.

Video is private..

I was kinda expecting to see a TMNT 1 3rd print in there...

Need to invest in a pair of scissors. I kept waiting for him to lop off a finger with the utility knife.

However, it was like a $2500 grab bag. Those are always fun.

What did you get? $60-$70 worth of books?

I feel for you, man. I hate that it had to be such an expensive lesson.

Hopefully your credit card can get the money back for you.