• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

Fantastic four reprint from 1966?

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems.asp%3Fid%3D6319%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D&id=654485

I will sell it to you for half the price so you can get it graded and sell it for $1400

You people r jerks we give everyone good deals and keep the prices low so you can turn around and make a ton of money.

Yep there are alot of comics there that we have to sort through so we can find the best ones for our customers sorry for working so hard to have good comics to offer. Just go pay more somewhere else

I am done

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems.asp%3Fid%3D6319%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D&id=654485

I will sell it to you for half the price so you can get it graded and sell it for $1400

You people r jerks we give everyone good deals and keep the prices low so you can turn around and make a ton of money.

Yep there are alot of comics there that we have to sort through so we can find the best ones for our customers sorry for working so hard to have good comics to offer. Just go pay more somewhere else

I am done

Scammer. :D

Elizabeth, first you need to lose the attitude. You're not going to build up a customer base from around these boards judging by your last two posts. The people here are very discerning about what they're actually getting for their money when they buy from you (especially regarding grading).

Secondly, you need to present your stock better. What kind of impression are you giving to your (potential) customers here, if they see that's how you treat your stock?

I'm not being sassy for the sake of being sassy. You need to adjust both your stock presentation and customer facing, then you can build up some trust around these parts.

I am done

The only thing that's "Mint" in that house is the bottle of schnapps you've got hidden in the cushions of the couch.

I am Elizabeth from the house of comics. I can admit that maybe we have done some dumb things along the way but we are in no way scammers. I have posted plenty of photos for any doubters on photobucket you can go there and see everything we have. My house is full of comics that’s why I named it the house of comics just go look..

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/thocomics/library/

In rebuttal

1.Yes, we started out on eBay and used them to pull some customers over to our website (wow we are real evil doers there aren’t we)

2.Paypal is scum sucking bastards that would put our money on hold and say they were concerned we might be a risk, but then they would let us use the money to buy on ebay but would not let us transfer our funds. IF they really thought that why would they let us spend 2 g’s on ebay??? That’s why we started our own website

3.We have a 14 day return policy! so send the comics back mister jester and stop buying from us. I know you had your order with the iron man 55 why the heck did you come back buy another one

4.Yes, we are very good at finding and tracking down old collections of comics, and I am not going to tell you how because we are a business and those are insider secrets lol

5.I am in no way a scam artist I am a southern momma of three girls and we don’t raise people like that around here

You're a total liar Elizabeth. You/ Thomas/ thehouseofcomics sold me a "Silver Age Sgt. Fury 13 1964" in alleged NM condition and you sent a reprint. It was returned promptly (within an hour of receiving it) and you never refunded any money, made a call or responded to emails.

In fact, when the "1994 reprint" arrived you were contacted within minutes by text and Thomas made the accusation I was lying about the book - seriously, WTF?

You pulled a bait and switch - you're a scammer.

Again, for amplification, you, (meaning whoever answers the phone at your business) have ducked all my calls and refused to respond to the email(s) sent. The reprint you sent was mailed back and.... and I never heard from you/ Thomas/ thehouseofcomics again. Oh, and you never refunded my money.

Moreover, for those here on the board, you are clearly not to be trusted. I clearly don't believe anything you write or say and am of the belief that this is probably Thomas posing .. whomever is behind this digital curtain, you really are deceitful and a poor excuse of a human being.

As for your last comment, I live in the South and you're a disgrace. Your girls should be ashamed of you and you clearly have no conscience - you're a sociopath.

You need to be kicked off this board - go play on a highway. You are really bad.

Elizabeth, first you need to lose the attitude. You're not going to build up a customer base from around these boards judging by your last two posts. The people here are very discerning about what they're actually getting for their money when they buy from you (especially regarding grading).

Secondly, you need to present your stock better. What kind of impression are you giving to your (potential) customers here, if they see that's how you treat your stock?

I'm not being sassy for the sake of being sassy. You need to adjust both your stock presentation and customer facing, then you can build up some trust around these parts.

Dude, are you kidding? These people are thieves and scammers. Why the advice?

I am Elizabeth from the house of comics. I can admit that maybe we have done some dumb things along the way but we are in no way scammers. I have posted plenty of photos for any doubters on photobucket you can go there and see everything we have. My house is full of comics that’s why I named it the house of comics just go look..

In rebuttal

1.Yes, we started out on eBay and used them to pull some customers over to our website (wow we are real evil doers there aren’t we)

2.Paypal is scum sucking bastards that would put our money on hold and say they were concerned we might be a risk, but then they would let us use the money to buy on ebay but would not let us transfer our funds. IF they really thought that why would they let us spend 2 g’s on ebay??? That’s why we started our own website

3.We have a 14 day return policy! so send the comics back mister jester and stop buying from us. I know you had your order with the iron man 55 why the heck did you come back buy another one

4.Yes, we are very good at finding and tracking down old collections of comics, and I am not going to tell you how because we are a business and those are insider secrets lol

5.I am in no way a scam artist I am a southern momma of three girls and we don’t raise people like that around here

I think we all appreciate your acknowledgement that it's crazypants to order from you. :cloud9:

Lizzy my love ... honest to God ... what are you trying to prove with your pics of a few hundred beater comics in a dark, nasty living room I'd be scared to set foot in? :sick:

:roflmao:

You people r jerks

:acclaim:

I'm glad we have Dice prowling the corridor's late at night to take care of disturbances like this. This thread makes me feel dirty. I need a sheep dip.

Dumpster diving has never been a secret, I've been doing it for years.

DiceX I am kinda hurt that I did not get a wake up call for this illustrious thread. Also, did anyone else see the cover print outs that they most definitely cut out and paste on the books so that they can sell you a NM- Spider-man 1 for 2300 bucks? "Our Prices are INSANE! and so are you if you buy from us!" - House of Comics registered Trademark. O and holy mess the 70's called, they want their couch back.

Dude, are you kidding? These people are thieves and scammers. Why the advice?

Yup, my mistake. :foryou: