• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bale done with Batman

62 posts in this topic

Bales Batman wouldn't work well in a JLA movie anyways. He was far form the genius and master strategist that we know from the comics.

People need to get over the Nolan films.

:golfclap:

I guess I'm in the minority here, I thought Bale was a terrific Batman. He didn't perfectly embody every aspect of the character, but I felt his was the best live action portrayal so far.

I guess I'm in the minority here, I thought Bale was a terrific Batman. He didn't perfectly embody every aspect of the character, but I felt his was the best live action portrayal so far.

I like Christian Bale, but I never got into his portrayal of Batman. And, as someone mentioned above - I don't think the character was ever captured correctly.

I definitely did not get "World's Greatest Detective" from any of the movies. And for as critical as comic book geeks are, I'm genuinely surprised people don't have a problem with his lisp.

So he is "the cream of the cr@p?"

Bale was okay. It is going to be hard to live up to a comic book image of Bruce Wayne. The voice wasn't great, but it is hard to match up to Kevin Conroy.

Doesn't matter who they get, its not going to be a perfect casting and its not going to suit everyone. I don't see why people can't just watch the movies and either enjoy them or not.

Bale was okay. It is going to be hard to live up to a comic book image of Bruce Wayne. The voice wasn't great, but it is hard to match up to Kevin Conroy.

Doesn't matter who they get, its not going to be a perfect casting and its not going to suit everyone. I don't see why people can't just watch the movies and either enjoy them or not.

People do watch them and enjoy them or not. :shrug:

Finally, I hated Bale as Batman. For me, besides the single glimmer of light that was Ledger's Joker performance, all three of the Nolan Batman's sucked. I guess Gary Oldman was pretty well cast also.

Although his "disguise voice" was odd at times, I liked Bale in the role as well.

I would like to know what traits would make fans comfortable that they are witnessing a super detective? Even in The Dark Knight where Batman works at determining The Joker's origins, you see plenty of detective work taking place. So just wondering what is missing.