• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. I got it on the Boards. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

All of the Pre-Hero collectors must be currently broke.

Great copy!

That or a few of them already have one in grade or better. ;) It is tax season, and some of us who have to write a check this month may be out of the market for a bit. Maybe you can thank Uncle Sam for that great pickup.

How does this thread fall to page 4? meh

Here is my latest pre-hero buy, from the latest Clink auction. Got it for $50, which was the exact amount of my tracking bid on it. I'm glad I got it, as #22 is a tough book that I rarely see at all, let alone in any sort of decent grade. This is the first copy I've owned, and will eventually be upgraded to a 6.0 or better when I find one.

RADE5D4B2014226_10288.jpg

Anyone know anything about this Westport Collection it came out of? Based on the sheer volume and variety I'm guessing that this is just the latest collection that Clink got a hold of and is liquidating.

Here is my latest pre-hero buy, from the latest Clink auction. Got it for $50, which was the exact amount of my tracking bid on it. I'm glad I got it, as #22 is a tough book that I rarely see at all, let alone in any sort of decent grade. This is the first copy I've owned, and will eventually be upgraded to a 6.0 or better when I find one.

Anyone know anything about this Westport Collection it came out of? Based on the sheer volume and variety I'm guessing that this is just the latest collection that Clink got a hold of and is liquidating.

Nice comic and a great price! I like that cover a lot.

Nice comic and a great price! I like that cover a lot.

I've always liked the cover too. I just wish it was easier to find a copy. :cry: Maybe it's just me, but this has always been one of the tougher TTAs to find. I just don't ever see that many for sale, and the surrounding numbers don't seem to be nearly as difficult.

You are right that TTA # 22 is one of the more difficult issues to obtain in higher grades. I finally picked up a nice raw copy from the Moondog PH collection. I am going to have it slabbed to join with the rest of my registered TTA PH set. Probably 7.0-7.5 at best and I am very happy to get it.