• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,012 posts in this topic

picked these 2 up for my TTA run, Not the highest grade but they are in my price range (thumbs u

Great books. I've been collecting pre-hero for 20+ years and found those to be tough. I've never owned the #17 because I haven't found one I like that I wanted to pay the asking price for, and I just picked up a lower grade #22 in a recent Clink auction to finally at least have a copy of that one.

just notice what the hell is wrong with that guy on the right yelling out the missiles cant stop him and he is standing with one leg each side over Droom's massive claw :insane:

That dude rocks lol. He's about the get the mother of all kicks to the nards when droom lifts that leg

just notice what the hell is wrong with that guy on the right yelling out the missiles cant stop him and he is standing with one leg each side over Droom's massive claw :insane:

That dude rocks lol. He's about the get the mother of all kicks to the nards when droom lifts that leg

:signfunny:

:hi: Dan, great book, can't wait to see the others!

I've said it before; that guy is going to die spectacularly.

picked these 2 up for my TTA run, Not the highest grade but they are in my price range (thumbs u

Great books. I've been collecting pre-hero for 20+ years and found those to be tough. I've never owned the #17 because I haven't found one I like that I wanted to pay the asking price for, and I just picked up a lower grade #22 in a recent Clink auction to finally at least have a copy of that one.

I read your post about the TTA 22 so I hunted on the net and found a dealer with 2 copies. The copy I got was the higher grade of the 2,

Both the 22 and the 17 were discounted already but also had make a offer. So I bought

The 22 in vg $41

The 17 in f- $68

I'm not after high grade expensive pre hero issues just the ones that present well for the grade in $40 to $100 price range

the earlier ones and that damn 13 I will have to adjust my buying when time comes for them (thumbs u

that damn 13 I will have to adjust my buying when time comes

I can imagine how :frustrated: it must be to have a hole in your want list suddenly go thru the roof. I feel for any pre-hero collectors who now have to climb that mountain!

I can imagine how :frustrated: it must be to have a hole in your want list suddenly go thru the roof. I feel for any pre-hero collectors who now have to climb that mountain!

Practically given up getting a copy of TTA 13 and Mystery Tales 40 in an acceptable grade (VG and up) - it'll take time for me to adjust to the crazy prices those two books are fetching.

Practically given up getting a copy of TTA 13 and Mystery Tales 40 in an acceptable grade (VG and up) - it'll take time for me to adjust to the crazy prices those two books are fetching.

I have given up on the TTA #13. I've never owned a copy and simply won't pay the prices that it now apparently commands. I'll sleep better at night having that hole in my run than I would if I paid 4 figures for a copy.

:signfunny:

:hi: Dan, great book, can't wait to see the others!

thanks Art!

I have given up on the TTA #13. I've never owned a copy and simply won't pay the prices that it now apparently commands. I'll sleep better at night having that hole in my run than I would if I paid 4 figures for a copy.

pm coming

I’d be surprised if we don’t see a correction on TTA #13 after the movie comes out. Even if GOTG is a hit, sustaining the current pricing level would be bizarre; that book is commanding numbers practically equal to long established, blue chip major character first appearances.

I’d be surprised if we don’t see a correction on TTA #13 after the movie comes out. Even if GOTG is a hit, sustaining the current pricing level would be bizarre; that book is commanding numbers practically equal to long established, blue chip major character first appearances.

I hope so, but sellers are still going to price this book off the hype even after the movie comes out. Sadly I think any opportunity to pay reasonable money for this book has probably sailed by now.

Some recent pickups I've been fortunate to score. The JIM #9 came from Nikelspot's recent sales thread (I stole his scan too) and is a very solid copy. The JIM #33 and ST #70 came from eBay and I'm really pleased with both. The #33 looks trimmed or Costanza'd but it has a bit of an impressed upper staple that has shifted the cover relative to the pages.

JIM09.jpg

JIM33.jpg

ST70.jpg

Gosh what a killer cover on JIM 9. Hadn't seen that one in a long long time.

It is sweet. I really like those early JIMs and STs, and think I'll need to focus on getting lower graded raw copies for the time being. They're just too tough in Fine or better and too pricey whenever they do show up. I simply can't collect everything in grade, at least not at the same time!