• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

I wonder if they ever thought about having some/all of the monsters duke it out in an issue or two. Sort of a comic version of the Godzilla "Destroy All Monsters" movie. smile.gif

Hey Chris, you mean something like this??

Yeah, that'd be a good start, except have more than two. I'm a fan of the old Godzilla movies, so I'd love to see a big group of them have a knock-down, drag-out that levels a big city like Tokyo. smile.gif

Except have Fin Fang Foom vs Tim Boo Ba? A Pre-Hero Celebrity Death Match?

Gargantus vs Monstrollo! Gorgilla vs Gor-Kill! Rrro vs Colossus! Dang, that'd be SWEET!

Heck, have ALL of 'em! Make it one big monster battle royal! That would have been a great story for a Giant-Size, Annual, or a multi-part story that ran for several months. I think they could get a lot of mileage out of it. Kind of like "I'll bet my favorite monster can beat up yours." smile.gif

Sweet JIM 82, adam!

Just got this back from CGC. It pales next to those super-sharp adam-age copies, but it's the best copy I've owned

cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif "adam-age copies" cracked me up. i'm gonna remember that!

and fin fang foom looks great! thanks for posting.

Very cool book. Nothing wrong with a FN/VF 7.0 PreHero Marvel book as they are tough to get in any grade above Fine.

Thanks Steve!

Hey Adam, do you have a JIM 62? Your 66 was KILLER!

Nope. I don't know if a WM copy exists or not. Can anyone enlighten us?

Edited by adamstrange

Is that from a pedigree collection?

the JIM 82 is not. it was part of the first group of 3 pre-hero marvels i ever bought. if there was an JIM 83 the seller didn't mention as i would have been interested at the time (i don't think there one). as for the WM copy of JIM 82, i purchased it on behalf of a fellow collector who still has it.

Edited by adamstrange

Sweet JIM 82, adam!

Just got this back from CGC. It pales next to those super-sharp adam-age copies, but it's the best copy I've owned

cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif "adam-age copies" cracked me up. i'm gonna remember that!

and fin fang foom looks great! thanks for posting.

acclaim.gif Thanks!

FFF is my absolute FAVE-O-RITE! cloud9.gifyay.gif

there was more a sci-fi edge to the pre-hero before they moved into the all-monster comic book series

732778-TOS2.jpg

732778-TOS2.jpg.b739da2df75a5a6c37da0e70bbede68b.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

I like those pre-hero Marvel covers (especially TOS), but I doubt that I will ever collect them. They are too expensive in Fine or better. At that monetary level, there are too many hero Marvel comics competing for my collecting dollars.

Love looking at them though. thumbsup2.gif

738124-JIM81.jpg

738124-JIM81.jpg.6cedbf85cf791b40ee52a21552628a2e.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Now how many Pre-Hero Marvel books do you have in unrestored high grade (VF or better)?

Now where have I heard that question before? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edited by adamstrange

these are so much fun!

744631-StrangeTales88.jpg

744631-StrangeTales88.jpg.614748aeba6a4bd569f4ed6366d14dbc.jpg

Edited by adamstrange