• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

This was a $33.75 eBay purchase I'll make every day if I could. Cover and centerfold are well attached at both staples, nice PQ, and a September 3, 1959 date stamp on the giant's fingertips.

JIM55.jpg

Nice pick up. I found that comic hard to find. Great cover too!

:headbang:

Awesome #10 in particular! The pages look snowy white!

Thanks! I'm really pleased with it. Got it from Bedrock at last year's WW Austin show, and its a book that had eluded me for years.

:headbang:

Awesome #10 in particular! The pages look snowy white!

Thanks! I'm really pleased with it. Got it from Bedrock at last year's WW Austin show, and its a book that had eluded me for years.

Sell it to me! :baiting:

AWESOME!! :headbang:

Agreed. Those are some wicked Strange Tales! :applause:

Also just back from CGC...

TOS10CGC.jpg

TOS32CGC55.jpg

ST85CGC.jpg

JIM74CGC.jpg

Great books!!! :applause:

That # 10 is one of the toughest PH books to find in higher grades. Many issues usually have Marvel chipping. Matter of fact, it was he first PH issue I ever owned, which my father picked up at a second hand book shop.

Also just back from CGC...

TOS10CGC.jpg

TOS32CGC55.jpg

ST85CGC.jpg

JIM74CGC.jpg

Great books!!! :applause:

That # 10 is one of the toughest PH books to find in higher grades. Many issues usually have Marvel chipping. Matter of fact, it was he first PH issue I ever owned, which my father picked up at a second hand book shop.

Thanks! That was one of the books I'd never owned, and I was really happy to finally find a nice one. I'd put TOS #6 and 10 right behind TTA #4 in being the toughest in my book. You just don't see many, and especially not in grade. TTA #22 is another bad one I still need in 6.0 or better.