• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

Been away from bying a bit but just added two pre-heroes to my collection. I am especially tickled to get my avatar, as I consider it one of the best pre-hero covers!

jim63_zpsbpq2covf.jpg

tta31_zps5oxx622s.jpg

Gratz on the pickups! Both great covers!

-bc

Just scanned this...it takes awhile to get thru all the boxes...oh, look...another mummy cover...whadaya know?

29ol3f6.jpg

:applause: Very cool copy!

Always wondered what the lady (?) on Mummex's back was trying to do.

-bc

Just scanned this...it takes awhile to get thru all the boxes...oh, look...another mummy cover...whadaya know?

29ol3f6.jpg

-bc

From the dirt on his back it looks like they were digging him up and when he rose she fell off.

29ol3f6.jpg

-bc

I'm more curious about what some of the people on the covers posted on the last page were trying to do. Why are there three people hanging off the legs of a water tower, and what is the guy sliding across the back of the mummy's hand hoping to do?

And this is to say nothing at all about the perspective on #63, as that is either a toy boat that is sinking under his right armpit or the folks on the dock are giants... :whistle:

Been away from bying a bit but just added two pre-heroes to my collection. I am especially tickled to get my avatar, as I consider it one of the best pre-hero covers!

jim63_zpsbpq2covf.jpg

tta31_zps5oxx622s.jpg

Edited by mysterio

JIM 63 is a marvelous monster cover.

JIM63.jpg

:applause:

It is a great cover. One of my faves from JIM. I didn't even notice the boat until I counted the people on the water tower in response to that other post (though I have always wondered what they were doing there). It's a cover that would definitely make me pay my dime for the comic. I'd bet that most of these covers take some artistic license for the sake of creating drama, perspective being the most often bruised. But I'd rather look at pre-hero Marvel covers than any other SA books I can think of.