• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 43 out tomorrow. Predictions?

111 posts in this topic

I've bought them in the 70s - 80s...then picked up a few the past few years.

I used to love them but I do admit the values are off and not reflective of market value for many books. I probably won't buy one this year.

I wish they would adopt a GPA style way of tracking raw sales of comics but apparently it's easier to do the same old way and make money...

I buy it every year. Just did the pre-order on Amazon. Granted their prices are not always reflective of the market, but a surprising number of books go on a little run and then float back to the Overstreet level.

Try checking the results from a Heritage GA auction against Overstreet some time. There is some divergence here and there, but a substantial majority of prices are pretty close to Overstreet.

Overstreet is out today for special people.

Now I can see what my comics are worth. :whee:

Seriously I can remember before the internet when I would look at the color comic covers for hours.

4849d2ee-4ad0-450b-94dd-950a08c1b92c_zpsf3f90924.jpg

nice books :applause:

Our Army at War 83 :cloud9:

:takeit:

I buy it every year. Just did the pre-order on Amazon. Granted their prices are not always reflective of the market, but a surprising number of books go on a little run and then float back to the Overstreet level.

Try checking the results from a Heritage GA auction against Overstreet some time. There is some divergence here and there, but a substantial majority of prices are pretty close to Overstreet.

I usually buy mine on the boards, but didn't see anyone selling them this year. Where is the "Amazon" pesell? I'm not getting that when I do a search, unless it's for the paperback.

I predict my nearly 20 year streak of not buying the new Guide will remain unbroken...

Nearly 10 years for me. (thumbs u

However, I wouldn't mind reading some of the articles from previous Overstreets if they were available online (for free).

If any of you are upgrading to the new guide and have the hardcover 42 (Catwoman cover only) I'd be willing to take it off your hands.

New in wrap they are going low-mid $20 on eBay: Here

Price will probably drop a tad when the new one is out.

I'd go $20 shipped new...

$15 shipped for a gently used copy (VF-NM).

Or there abouts...

PM if there's any interest.

:sumo:

I will be buying one since I buy in small bulks and enjoy the process of looking up the books. Its a guideline for me to sort them then I check ebay/ha for current going $$.

Too many books for me to memorize and I do not go through enough books to remember them all!!

I'm still blown away that these guys haven't put together some kind of Digital model yet.

"These guys" still wield their own kind of power...in their Print Age kind of way. Their model, since 1970, is far from irrelevant. The whole cliche of it's only "a Guide" is something worth pondering. GPA. eBay. ComicLink. Heritage. Overstreet. Comic cons. Local. National. All tools of the trade.

Overstreet will likely go digital one of these days--and maybe they'll go gangbusters or go broke--but I strongly sense rumors of Gutenberg's demise have been largely overblown or misunderstood. :sumo: