• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Just makes me sick that the entire world has no problem spending about $20 a pop to see a film, rather than using that money to solve a world problem or two.

HX7sl.gif

similar to spending time on an internet forum about comics, when one could be using that time to clothe, feed, or bathe the homeless.

Avengers AOU just beat Frozen and is Now 6th on the top grossing worldwide films of all time. Avengers (1) is 3rd.

Furious 7 is 4th. There is no accounting for taste. I remember when Home Alone was the top movie for the year it came out. :facepalm:

Just makes me sick that the entire world has no problem spending about $20 a pop to see a film, rather than using that money to solve a world problem or two.

HX7sl.gif

similar to spending time on an internet forum about comics, when one could be using that time to clothe, feed, or bathe the homeless.

Yeah, if you can allegedly feed a child for $35 a month, imagine what the redirected funds from a decently graded AF #15 could do.

Avengers AOU just beat Frozen and is Now 6th on the top grossing worldwide films of all time. Avengers (1) is 3rd.

Furious 7 is 4th. There is no accounting for taste. I remember when Home Alone was the top movie for the year it came out. :facepalm:

to that point, Avatar & Titanic are #1 & #2 by a boatload

Finally got around to seeing it. I probably would have waited for Blueray, but my daughter really wanted to see it. Reasonably entertaining, but pretty silly in a lot of respects.

I liked Spader as Ultron, and I suppose it's better not to ask why someone as wired into the digital world seemed to only have two options for destroying mankind, crack the nuclear codes or grab enough vibranium to lift a city into space.

I could have done without the goofy sweet homelife of Hawkeye.

Someone needs to remind filmmakers that all in one shots are far less impressive when it's all CGI, and the Hulk still looks way to computer generated to carry a movie.

I still have a harder time suspending disbelief for live action films than I do for illustrated comic books. The extra level of unreality that comes from illustration makes a lot more things seem plausible than when rendered with flesh and blood actors.

While it was only a teaser trailer, the Batman v Superman movie looks godawful, and I won't be rushing out to see Ant-Man either.

This is the kind of review that makes me think you are too old or too jaded to have fun anymore.

If you are not excited to actually see Batman vs Superman in movie just leave the hobby and decrease the surplus population.

A completely stupid way of thinking......

You been reading Dickens ?

And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"

"Both very busy, sir..."

"Those who are badly off must go there."

"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."

"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I fell asleep during the movie....

:lol:

will need to watch it on video to see how the Vision was introduced etc.

Saw just enough to think it wasn't near as good as the first Avengers movie, but still fun.

What I'm really really tired of is all the "let's battle 1000 robots that are easy to kill, but just kinda annoying".

Please Marvel, stop with the robot after robot after robot fighting. There's so much more in the Marvel Universe to fight against.

Please Marvel, stop with the robot after robot after robot fighting. There's so much more in the Marvel Universe to fight against.

It's coming...

thanos-134219.jpg

Correct. Right around the corner. 6-8 more years, tops.

Although all markets are going full-steam with this movie, the overseas market is massively taking to this movie.

6IXURsT.png

It is now #6 for all-time largest worldwide box office take, and climbing.

rEbIep2.png

:applause:

Although all markets are going full-steam with this movie, the overseas market is massively taking to this movie.

6IXURsT.png

It is now #6 for all-time largest worldwide box office take, and climbing.

rEbIep2.png

:applause:

will crawl over $450MM US and not catch FF7 unless Japan is 3x Avengers

Although if you adjusted for inflation, and compared similar dollar value...

SyWVe5b.png

:applause: I love all the work you do for these posts, Bosco.

I'd like to add, whenever I see charts that account for inflation it makes me think there may be other factors to consider as well, even though they would be tough to quantify.

Gone with the Wind didn't have to compete with TV for evening entertainment, and movies like Star Wars and such didn't have all the other competition for the entertainment dollar that modern movies have, such as video games and home theater systems, etc.

I'd like to add, whenever I see charts that account for inflation it makes me think there may be other factors to consider as well, even though they would be tough to quantify.

Gone with the Wind didn't have to compete with TV for evening entertainment, and movies like Star Wars and such didn't have all the other competition for the entertainment dollar that modern movies have, such as video games and home theater systems, etc.

There is such a vast difference between then and now. I agree. You could even look at advertising between then and now, and how marketeers can reach us from so many angles nowadays.

So I wonder if you can say back then studios had to work harder for each dollar gained. You didn't have internet and TV to slam potential movie-goers with advertisements and reminders what theater to go to.

Avengers 1 actually beat Titanic. Titanic was re-released in theatres, and is why its got its current total, and remains number 2. If you count only the first time it was released, Avengers passed it

Avengers 1 actually beat Titanic. Titanic was re-released in theatres, and is why its got its current total, and remains number 2. If you count only the first time it was released, Avengers passed it

A 3D version of Titanic, released on April 4, 2012 to commemorate the centennial of the sinking, earned it an additional $343.6 million worldwide, pushing the film's worldwide total to $2.18 billion. Looks like the initial run beat Avengers by $300MM.

The major thing I notice between the two charts is that the one adjusted for inflation actually has quality films in it.

I cannot disagree.

There is such a vast difference between then and now. I agree. You could even look at advertising between then and now, and how marketeers can reach us from so many angles nowadays.

So I wonder if you can say back then studios had to work harder for each dollar gained. You didn't have internet and TV to slam potential movie-goers with advertisements and reminders what theater to go to.

On the flip side, movies were one of the fewer entertainment options. Since there wasn't Internet or tv on demand, what else were you gonna do?

On the flip side, movies were one of the fewer entertainment options. Since there wasn't Internet or tv on demand, what else were you gonna do?

From the Great Depression to WW II, in addition to attending movies...

WrSl5NQ.png