• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

So if the Ant-Man movie is third wave do we get a Henry Pym introduction with Avengers #2? Or does Ultron get a new origin?
that's my problem I'm having with this announcement are we going to get a mess load of time travel in the movie.

Time travel :cloud9:

I would assume Ant-Man is introduced in Avengers 2. It would only make sense that way. The Ant-Man/Ultron connection/origin is a good thing and the Marvel movies have a history of respecting important comic events like this, especially ones so integral to a character's identity.

Glad I sold my NM ped copy of Avengers 55 raw on ebay months ago. :P

Pedigree has the only high grade copy available. 2k for a 9.6? I'll pass.

2k?!?

Like 18 months ago I bought a VF+ copy on eBay for like $65 that came back a 9.6 ow/w for me last year :banana:

:o I'm shocked you actually subbed a raw book.

I've subbed lots of raw books :gossip:

So if the Ant-Man movie is third wave do we get a Henry Pym introduction with Avengers #2? Or does Ultron get a new origin?
that's my problem I'm having with this announcement are we going to get a mess load of time travel in the movie.

I would assume Ant-Man is introduced in Avengers 2. It would only make sense that way. The Ant-Man/Ultron connection/origin is a good thing and the Marvel movies have a history of respecting important comic events like this, especially ones so integral to a character's identity.

I'm glad you didn't Pm me 1st about this raw Pedigree Avengers 55 meh

Unfortunately, I have sold probably five or six copies of Avengers #55 on the boards, including a copy that looked 9.6 but had a vertical crease that barely broke color on Hawkeye's bow and Goliath's stomach. I sold it for $15! doh!

AV55f.jpg

but the problem I see is that the ant man movie is an origin movie if anything ultron should have been save for the third avengers

I have mixed feelings. I was intensely worried they were going to rush some sort of amalgamation of Thanos War/Infinity Gauntlet into Avengers 2, but I was excited to see a Thanos incarnation. I will gladly wait for Avengers 3 for Thanos if that means they are going to slowly build him up to be the ultimate baddie that he is by featuring him in GotG films.

Who says its an origin movie? Maybe it's set before Avengers 2 if it is?

What about Marvel Super Action 14? Worth speculating?

Edgar wright said is an origin film and it comes out November 6, 2015 After avengers 2 and is part of phase 3.

I'm glad I sold my IM 55 at the peak...wheeee!

So does this mean no Thanos at all? The villain at the end of Avengers 1 is Ultron?

Joke...right?

No joke...I don't know as I didn't read much Avengers past issue 10

I'm glad you didn't Pm me 1st about this raw Pedigree Avengers 55 meh

It was a Circle 8 copy. Do you still care? :baiting:

but the problem I see is that the ant man movie is an origin movie if anything ultron should have been save for the third avengers

I completely agree. It would have been perfect, but I have faith in Marvel. I think they will be able to make it work. Having Pym create Ultron is also a good way to introduce him to the team...maybe...