• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Post credit action?

I watched the post initial credits sting, but was informed that it wasn't worth my time sticking around til the end for anything else.

Lazy.

Had to hit the pub for a pint before the bell rang. lol

Post credit action?

I watched the post initial credits sting, but was informed that it wasn't worth my time sticking around til the end for anything else.

Lazy.

Gotta have priorities.

Post credit action?

Lazy.

He has his own hip flask.

Saw the film yesterday at a press screening in Leicester Square. Whedon himself did a brief intro (he looked and sounded knackered, but he still managed to crack a few jokes).

Not giving anything away - if you liked the first film, you'll like the sequel.

Did you like it?

It was all right. Certain new characters were handled well, although there was little connection to the source material involved. And the way Ultron was portrayed was impressively done. I didn't think it was much darker than the first movie.

Post credit action?

Lazy.

He has his own hip flask.

It was a long film.

From a Time Out London review:

"Whedon has revealed that his first cut ran for well over three hours, and it shows: Ultron feels excessively nipped and tucked, barreling from one explosive set-piece to the next, leaving ideas half-formed and character motivations murky."

Is this true? Sorry if it has been discussed and I missed it. Does that mean we might see a director's cut soon after release?

zmj9TXB.jpg

I got my son the Hulk Buster Lego set. He loves it. Every couple of days he mentions the film and how it is coming out over the summer. I'm not sure he really understands, but he is excited for it.

I'm stoked for the film too. It is like being 3 again (my son is 3). :applause:

Saw the film yesterday at a press screening in Leicester Square. Whedon himself did a brief intro (he looked and sounded knackered, but he still managed to crack a few jokes).

Did you like it?

It was all right. Certain new characters were handled well, although there was little connection to the source material involved. And the way Ultron was portrayed was impressively done. I didn't think it was much darker than the first movie.

I was hoping for a bit more than "It was all right."

Did you like it?

This is me, remember?

I'm inclined to agree with the Time Out review. The film was long, but it did seem to be in a constant hurry, which meant that anything thematic went out the window. And 90% of the dialogue was expository. But it does have its moments.

It's a genre film. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

First Wave Of Reviews For AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Surface And They're Mostly Positive

I’m happy to report the stars are all back, especially Chris Evans’ stoic Captain America, but also Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Chris Hemsworth. Also happily returning is the witty banter and interplay. And writer-director Joss Whedon has expertly ladled on lots of action, in a kind of Transformer-itis excess. But the thrill is gone. For me, it’s a been-there, done-that feeling, like watching the all-star edition of Dancing With The Stars. But does it matter if I was just a bit disappointed? I think not. Marvel and Disney have a cash cow, and nothing will keep the fans away. Much as I admire Whedon, Joe and Anthony Russo will take over the franchise’s next two installments, and I look forward to seeing what they do. Their Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a textbook example of how to take a comic-book sequel forward.

Bigger and, yes, darker than the first, this is less air-punchingly gleeful but probably more consistent. Thanks to Whedon and the most charismatic, compelling cast you’ll find anywhere, Age of Ultron redefines the scale we can expect from our superhero epics but still fits human-sized emotion amid the bombast. [4/5]

Walking out of Avengers: Age of Ultron, it was difficult to wrap my head around my feelings. I’d enjoyed the hell out of the massive movie and was dying to see it again. But I felt a tad empty. Hawkeye helped fill that, as did the Twins and Vision, but it was missing some of the warmness of the first film. Joss Whedon attempts, and succeeds, to make a different, darker, more complex and bigger sequel but he’s a victim of his own success. Age of Ultron works but you can’t help but remember the moments that helped us get here. You end up speculating more about what’s to come than what you just saw, even though what you just saw was incredibly funny and exciting. [7.5/10]

OHMYGOD! THIS IS GOING TO MAKE TEN ZILLION BILLION DOLLARS. HULK. HULKBUSTER. MOMMY!

Did you like it?

On a scale of 1 to Citizen Kane I'm sure he means this was a decent Superhero film.

Did you like it?

On a scale of 1 to Citizen Kane I'm sure he means this was a decent Superhero film.

We've talked via PM as I didn't want him to spoil the movie for anyone in the thread. (thumbs u

Did you like it?

That's Andy's version of 'awesome'.

Did you like it?

We've talked via PM as I didn't want him to spoil the movie for anyone in the thread. (thumbs u

Elitist.

Did you like it?

I Was thinking tha same think lol

Did you like it?

Elitist.

:grin:

Did you like it?

:acclaim:

Uh-oh. I wonder what this is about?

While we're talking about worsts, Stan Lee's cameo actually has him taking credit for something Jack Kirby did, though it's a detail only hardcore fans will pick up on.

I seriously don't remember him doing anything along those lines - he had a few lines this time around, but nothing that didn't involve the usual tomfoolery.