• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

The old comics of Iron Man depict the central character "wearing simple spandex-like attire and minimal armor," states the complaint, while the later films depict him "wearing a fully mechanized suit of body armor."

lol Not sure which issues of Iron Man they've been reading.

The old comics of Iron Man depict the central character "wearing simple spandex-like attire and minimal armor," states the complaint, while the later films depict him "wearing a fully mechanized suit of body armor."

That's hysterical really. Going back to the first issue he had mechanized suit of armor...they will lose.

They show cover images of exactly the issues they're referring to in their complaint that's linked to in your article. And I tend to agree with them. I always wondered what they're referring to growing up--Iron Man HAS always looked more like he's wearing spandex than actual plate armor. And I always thought it was dumb.

Two of the covers they show in their complaint are shown below; the first is from 1968 and the second from 2000. Even as recently as 2000 the armor is skin-tight in an entirely unrealistic way for metal, unless we're talking about some kind of fictional liquid metal that conforms to body shape. Armor doesn't show muscle definition, but for whatever reason, Marvel artists started drawing Iron Man with muscles showing through the armor like it's spandex--particularly the yellow arm and leg armor--and they did it for decades. There is no possible way you could create a piece of metal with no separate pieces on the joints like they draw Iron Man. Only more recently does the armor actually look like armor.

They may actually have a case. hm

8-1.jpg

1096341.jpg

On second thought, their lawyers should be able to beat it based upon early Tales of Suspense issues. The change started from Tales of Suspense 47 to 48, both pictured below. Tales of Suspense 39 through 47 featured realistic-looking plate armor, but the new costume starting in 48 is the one that looked entirely impossible.

Did Marvel ever try to explain why Iron Man's armor looked like it did for so long? The plated style they settled on much later and in all of the movies is definitely more believable.

47-1.jpg48-1.jpg

I think they're going to have a hard time winning. Iron Man had a lot of types or armor and it seemed like they're been moving to a more plated style again for a while.

Here's a pic from 1996 five years before 2001.

110679.jpg?-7026182129152333652

I think they're going to have a hard time winning. Iron Man had a lot of types or armor and it seemed like they're been moving to a more plated style again for a while.

Here's a pic from 1996 five years before 2001.

110679.jpg?-7026182129152333652

Yep, definitely plated.

110679.jpg

On second thought, their lawyers should be able to beat it based upon early Tales of Suspense issues. The change started from Tales of Suspense 47 to 48, both pictured below. Tales of Suspense 39 through 47 featured realistic-looking plate armor, but the new costume starting in 48 is the one that looked entirely impossible.

Did Marvel ever try to explain why Iron Man's armor looked like it did for so long? The plated style they settled on much later and in all of the movies is definitely more believable.

47-1.jpg48-1.jpg

In the comics it was a memory metal that would take shape of the skin but was definitely metal (or Iron). They talk about it in the early issues like 48 and 49 when he has the new armor.

There is no way they can win the case. TOS 39 is about him using spare parts of metal to make a mechanized suit. I can't see how the first story isn't the whole case.

There is no way they can win the case. TOS 39 is about him using spare parts of metal to make a mechanized suit. I can't see how the first story isn't the whole case.

It's definitely a much simpler type of armor though. The early Tales of Suspense armor has more in common with medieval knight armor hammered out by a blacksmith over a hot fire than it does with the molded components that make up the modern costume. However, the image Rip showed from 1996 is compelling evidence of plate-molded armor made that we see today.

The main difference even with the 1996 armor is that it is still simpler than the armor we see in the Iron Man film. The 1996 armor looks to be made of dozens of components, but the armor in the film is far more complex and made of hundreds of interlocking components. That Radix armor is far more similar to it than the 1996 armor. hm

0423-radix-iron-man-lawsuit-1200x630.jpg

didn't this movie get released overseas today, where are all the reviews promised

:taptaptap:

they're overseas

didn't this movie get released overseas today, where are all the reviews promised

:taptaptap:

I just got back from the cinema, I loved it :grin: Awesome action set-pieces from the very first scene onwards. There are some really funny group scenes throughout too. The Vision is a great addition to the series, they captured him perfectly. Ultron is James Spader having fun, he's a much wittier, sarcastic villain than we usually see in these films. Also one scene near the end which I did not expect at all, you will know when you see it.

The post credit scene for what its worth is just after the main actor title sequence, so there's nothing after the regular titles.

have the post credit scene beans been spilled yet?

There are descriptions online, but to be honest its nothing special anyway, just a bit of tying things together.

I think this is another case of taking something a little too seriously. It wasn't sexist at all, it's accurate (though I think the words "slut" and "whore" aren't the best choice), seeing as she flirts with Iron Man in his movie, Cap in his movie and now Banner in the Avengers. :shrug:

Wrong words, though.

She's looking to marry to get her American papers.

RDJ is not happy

and now that's how you destroy and interview. The interviwer wasn't confident on where he was leading RDJ and the way he talks, doesn't seem to show respect on the subject he was approaching.

Just handling those subjects as if it was a mundane thing. Well to RDJ it isn't...

talk about not building up a connection to the interviewer so he can "bring interesting replys" to the table.

regards