• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

RDJ is not happy

About being asked by an interviewer about his past drug use? Not all that surprising.

I hate that guy. The Interviewer that is.

Why?

RDJ is not happy

About being asked by an interviewer about his past drug use? Not all that surprising.

Why?

Dodgy spine.

RDJ is not happy

Why?

Dodgy spine.

He needs a "ticking" off. hm

Asking the tough questions!

Does RDJ avoid these questions due to his own humiliation? Or is he worried that the young children who idolize him (or Ironman) will see a different side of him?

RDJ is not happy

Oh, boo hoo. You did it, deal with it.

Everyone's done something wrong, including you. ;)

It's in the past, it's been dealt with and this was specifically supposed to be a promo interview about the movie. The interview headed into an area that had nothing to do with the movie.

Typically, with something like this it would have been a courtesy on the part of the interviewer to let RDJ know what he was going to do before actually doing it if it was out of the realm of what RDJ expected.

And yes he did something similar to Quentin Tarantino, even after QT asked him not to.

The interviewer has the right to ask what ever he wants... Thats basic journalism! However, the interviewee also has the right to either answer them or not.

The key here is, why did the guy continue to ask questions he obviously knew the interviewee was uncomfortable with?

It is obvious he wasn't confident in his own questioning, even RDJ pointed it out, and knew RDJ was unhappy. Therefore why continue at the detriment of the actual interview... A seriously poor move!

That interviewer pulled something similar with Tarantino a few years back I believe.

This is it. Tarantino drags him over the coals for it for several minutes as opposed to just walking out.

Personal boundaries.

Even celebrities are allowed to have them.

Yep. RDJ has an amazing story of redemption and I thought it was a low blow to bring up his skeletons. It's not like they are hidden. Everyone knows about it. Move on. Nothing to see here

And folks thought that interviewer asked questions that cast a bad light...

Avengers: Age of Ultron Stars Under Fire for Calling Scarlett Johansson’s Character a ‘Slut’ and ‘Whore’

A Digital Spy UK interview with Avengers: Age of Ultron stars Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans has sparked controversy because the actors called Scarlett Johansson’s character Natasha Romanoff—aka spy/assassin/agent “the Black Widow” in the Marvel universe—a “slut” and a “complete whore” when the interviewer asked what they thought of fans’ expectation that she’d end up with one of them.

Although stated as a joke, it looks like female fans didn't find it funny.

:eek: