• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Problem is with some of his strikes that he gets slapped on political posts. It always seems that the thread continues without notice until he posts something that most others disagree with. Then all of a sudden Collector's Society Gestapo silently creeps into the thread and hands down a strike for his response.

How about this...

Any mention of a gun incident in the nation is naturally going to spark a debate on gun control. Why doesn't CGC nuke the thread immediately? I personally do not agree with CF on his stance concerning firearms. However, a thread that he was writing in should have been wiped from its inception and not once CF posted in it stating his opinion.

By leaving threads like that open it lends a false sense of security that discussion of that topic is permitted within that thread even if one person makes a claim that is unpopular by the majority in that thread.

Problem is with some of his strikes that he gets slapped on political posts. It always seems that the thread continues without notice until he posts something that most others disagree with. Then all of a sudden Collector's Society Gestapo silently creeps into the thread and hands down a strike for his response.

How about this...

Any mention of a gun incident in the nation is naturally going to spark a debate on gun control. Why doesn't CGC nuke the thread immediately? I personally do not agree with CF on his stance concerning firearms. However, a thread that he was writing in should have been wiped from its inception and not once CF posted in it stating his opinion.

By leaving threads like that open it lends a false sense of security that discussion of that topic is permitted within that thread even if one person makes a claim that is unpopular by the majority in that thread.

I received my strike for starting threads on "political" current events. While on a strike, three or four more threads on the exact same topic started and are still around.

Chris, you got a strike?! :o

This is the first I'm hearing about this... hm

Yea it was over the summer when I was posting just below Kav rates. It was probably a good thing…

No one posts at Kav rates.

No one that wants to avoid carpal tunnel that is.

Yea it was over the summer when I was posting just below Kav rates. It was probably a good thing…

That means then that mods disagreed with your stance.

I didn't take a stance. I simply posted articles I'd read that I thought were interesting.

I did get a bit defensive when someone called me a war mongering American insufficiently_thoughtful_person. However, they recanted their statement and said it was directed at the wrong person.

Neither of those people got strikes though…

I didn't take a stance. I simply posted articles I'd read that I thought were interesting.

I did get a bit defensive when someone called me a war mongering American insufficiently_thoughtful_person. However, they recanted their statement and said it was directed at the wrong person.

There is much injustice in this world.

There is much injustice in this world.

Eh I don't care that much. The discussion was pretty benign either way.

And a week vacation from the boards wasn't a huge deal…

I think I'm the only one ever to get a strike when someone else created a shill and blamed it on me...