• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

jumbo85.jpg

Is there coding somewhere on Okajima's that are not from the camp period and don't have her name on them?

Was told the book below was an Okajima, although at this point it's not noted on the label.

And, man, has there been a worse site in the history of the interwebs than Photobucket? :mad:

e80f11d2-9117-4f34-a68b-807db0604b5f_zps

Edited by Sqeggs

28 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Is there coding somewhere on Okajima's that are not from the camp period and don't have her name on them?

i haven't seen the bc of my jumbo, but it's likely to have a stamp like this.  the familiar "f" code is on the fc of most post-camp books, like this jungle of mine.

jungle136.jpg~original.jpeg

lf-10.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i haven't seen the bc of my jumbo, but it's likely to have a stamp like this.  the familiar "f" code is on the fc of most post-camp books, like this jungle of mine.

jungle136.jpg~original.jpeg

lf-10.jpeg

Thanks.  Looks like the book I posted might have it, too -- in the green above the capital S in Sensation. hm

20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Was told the book below was an Okajima, although at this point it's not noted on the label.

And, man, has there been a worse site in the history of the interwebs than Photobucket? :mad:

e80f11d2-9117-4f34-a68b-807db0604b5f_zps

sensation 115 is in the pedigre so it certainly could be.

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The "F" looks more like a "T" though. hm

T code is appropriate for a DC.

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

T code is appropriate for a DC.

Agreed. 

Acg, Atlas/marvel, Charlton, DC, Ec, Farrell, Fawcett, golfing, Harvey, headline, hillman, Holyoke, novelty, quality, story and youthful publishers all got "T" distribution designations.

2 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

What is the 1 code run?

When she bought books she put a little code on them starting (I Assume) with 1A, then 1B, and so on (whatever comics she bought on a given day got the same code). After 1Z she went to 2A and then later the 3 codes... I've only seen 3-4 books with the 1 series code. And the above is 1D (I think) or maybe 1P, I'll have to check it against my notes....

19 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Closed on ebay this evening for $800. My last bid was 777... Alas. A great piece of early Okajima from ' 43 and from the "1" code run. anyone here take it home?

s-l1600 (7).jpg

Surprised that it didn't go even higher.  Did the seller emphasize that it was the Okajima copy?