• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, october said:

I was the consignor, glad they went to a board member. They went for a bit less than I expected, but other stuff more than made up for it.

:applause: congrats, I almost bid on one of those myself just so I could have one in my collection

5 hours ago, jabats said:

^ Beautiful!

Here are some more (also cross-posted to another thread)

Rulah 18, Jumbo 92 and 109. Jumbo's from Heritage last night.

Jumbo 92 Okajima.jpeg

Jumbo 109 Okajima.jpeg

Rulah 18 Okajima.jpg

I saw the Jumbos in last night's auction.  Excellent pickups.

20 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

my bad!  i deleted--you can too, so the thread isn't sullied by my dumbassedry

I have took that approach, I'd have no posts left .... 

36 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Hate this is trimmed, ----script looks off as well, not saying it is not legit but certainly drawbacks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adventure-Comics-92-DC-1944-Kirby-Simon-Cover-Okajima-Pedigree/323164328312?hash=item4b3e185178:g:zKwAAOSwFilatJbx

Phillip

The only thing that bothers me is the way the “O” is written in Okajima. But, signatures are never the same. 

When I compared the characteristics of the way the 5s, 4s, and 3s were written in the -script, it matches the same characteristics on my books. 

Hopefully some other people weigh in their thoughts. Definitely a bummer that it’s trimmed. 

Edited by deadleg

12 hours ago, PKJ said:

Sorry I did not mean that it was not legit it just looked so bright and dark it threw me.

if the seller's description of the page quality is accurate (pure white) then this may have been one of the luckier early books in the stacks that was protected and held its color and white pages

15 hours ago, miraclemet said:

it looks right to me. the "3" looks spot on. i have to finy my index to chrck the cursive "G" in the code. But I think its legit. Wonder when it got trimmed...

.Screenshot_20180401-194742.thumb.jpg.3ca5369197da5c1466533c4388d1d0c7.jpg

hm

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

early 2 series with no date that I can see.... and war cover subject matter...

It looks like the date is written under the issue number, but it’s hard to say from the scan. 

1 hour ago, deadleg said:

It looks like the date is written under the issue number, but it’s hard to say from the scan. 

your right! (teaches me for looking on my phone)

this is one not on my master Okajima list, and not part of Alans part of the collection..

im gonna contact clink for a better scan so i can confirm the code and see if i can determine the date

6 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

your right! (teaches me for looking on my phone)

this is one not on my master Okajima list, and not part of Alans part of the collection..

im gonna contact clink for a better scan so i can confirm the code and see if i can determine the date

You have the best atomic age Sig Line :x