• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,544 posts in this topic

Just now, telerites said:

The seller is a boardie here.  

Yeah, I have grabbed some great books from him. That Superman looks amazing. 

Final price $4658 for Camp Superman #28 CGC 7.0. Dated 3-2-44 (and she accidentally put a 2 instead of a 3 and then wrote over it) and camp code 2N 

Screenshot_20200531-213909.thumb.png.6dd0e63af11977fd0d1ae2e32dd4c235.png

Great write up by the seller who also had some other non-camp Okajima books that did well.

I think $4600 is about 7x which is in line with "midgrade non military books" but I honestly thought it would go higher since it was a Superman. 

54 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Final price $4658 for Camp Superman #28 CGC 7.0. Dated 3-2-44 (and she accidentally put a 2 instead of a 3 and then wrote over it) and camp code 2N 

Screenshot_20200531-213909.thumb.png.6dd0e63af11977fd0d1ae2e32dd4c235.png

Great write up by the seller who also had some other non-camp Okajima books that did well.

I think $4600 is about 7x which is in line with "midgrade non military books" but I honestly thought it would go higher since it was a Superman. 

It would have if I didn't fall asleep, but my cap was $5k. Oh well.... I'll have to wait for another opportunity for my first Okajima Camp book.  Love this thread, thank you to everyone for such well researched information!

10 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Down from the Okajima Superman #26 5.5 that went for $6,600.  Market's get'in flooded with 'em.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, sagii said:

Screenshot_20200523-102914_Instagram.jpg

And I'll second what the seller said. This was a previously unknown Okajima book (not on any of my lists, or publications or records), which points to it being from the 3rd "mystery buyer" who the only thing I know about is supposedly he was a buyer of old paper products (books, magazines, comics, newspaper, etc) and who was particularly known for his buying and selling of "smutty" magazines (what ever that may mean for different eras).  Unless someone comes forward, I dont think we'll ever know if there were sales prior to the estate sale, but I could certainly see someone skimming a "Superman" title from the piles if they were trying to just grab the "best" of the books. 

43 minutes ago, telerites said:

I thought this was a strong price for a non-camp book that closed at the same time Adam's group did.

It even had a defect that would turn me off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JUMBO-COMICS-121-CGC-6-0-Fiction-House-1949-KAMEN-BAKER-art-Okajima/324166137640?hash=item4b79ceb728:g:SJkAAOSwjDJevVuP

I actually used to own that one, I might have sold it here.  Went for 2x what I sold it for.

23 hours ago, path4play said:

Down from the Okajima Superman #26 5.5 that went for $6,600.  Market's get'in flooded with 'em.

The 26 was a war cover though. Those generally carry a premium.