• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Con 2013 Gathering

69 posts in this topic

One of the reasons that Peter doesn't invite more folks to his gatherings is that the list of folks who have mastered the art/science of handling comics and managing drinks is very short. Do not to mix these tasks at home. Leave it to seasoned professionals.

And thanks Peter for the invite. It was, as always, a blast.

One of the reasons that Peter doesn't invite more folks to his gatherings is that the list of folks who have mastered the art/science of handling comics and managing drinks is very short. Do not to mix these tasks at home. Leave it to seasoned professionals.

I thought it was nice of Peter to let us peruse his pre-Batman Tecs in the swimming pool this year.

I thought it was nice of Peter to let us peruse his pre-Batman Tecs in the swimming pool this year.

It's the new, easy way to water wash those musty old comic books.

And also work on your tan.

:cool:

It's the new, easy way to water wash those musty old comic books.

And also work on your tan.

:cool:

[font:Times New Roman]As it was my first year attending this gala event I was required to pass an initiation test of dog-paddling across the pool while holding the books I brought aloft. It was a supreme test of CGC encapsulation and my legs. Fortunately, both held out! (thumbs u

P.S. edit: MrBedrock did give me a heads-up about the initiation, but told me not to worry because it was a wading pool. Obviously, I didn't think that through.

doh!

[/font]

[font:Times New Roman]As this was my first year attending this gala event I was required to pass an initiation test of dog-paddling across the pool while holding the books I brought with me aloft. It was a supreme test of CGC encapsulation and my legs. Fortunately, both held out![/font] (thumbs u

I assumed your NSA connections dug up some blackmail and you used it to gain admittance. lol

Awesome. Any more pics?
I'll check with our cinematographer.

:gossip: He says, "No," but he does have some film of what Richard and Matt were doing outside during "break."

Anymore GGA shared...
The prime GGA is pictured in the this thread. Each participant usually brings just a few books,, except, of course, for the one that didn't bring any but I'm not going embarrass Matt by mentioning his name.

I didn't even know they made a Frisbee attachment for CGC holders until you tossed Double Action 1 at me.

Call me paranoid, but a moment of carelessness with one of those beer bottles and ... :o

That`s how you separate the BSDs from the little people. The BSDs are so jaded that they don`t get worked up over things like that anymore.

It was a pleasure, as always, playing host to my GA brothers. I'm still recovering, however, from the retinal damage I suffered by staring at the gloss on those unslabbed Planets. Now I know why adamstrange brought those new table lamps.

I was fortunate to get to see those in person last year. Whenever I see another copy of one of those issues, I am struck by how much more beautiful Mr. Strange's books were. One of the challenges I've grown to like most about comics collecting over the years is how much skill it takes to select the right books for your collection. There's so much more to it than just looking at the CGC label, no matter what the technical grade is. Just looking at those 8 Planets tells you a lot about the collector who assembled them.

Richard and Cat agree

SDCon2013_06.jpg

That darned thumb of Cat's has a life of it's own - like the dictator's nose - or was it his ear? - in Sleeper!

[font:Times New Roman]The extended thumb is an artist's tool for measuring proportions, checking nearness and lining up potential works of art. Obviously that Tec #1 measures up. (thumbs u

As an inspired artist of impeccable taste in your own rite I thought surely you'd recognize this, my good man![/font] ;)

Richard and Cat agree

SDCon2013_06.jpg

That darned thumb of Cat's has a life of it's own - like the dictator's nose - or was it his ear? - in Sleeper!

[font:Times New Roman]The extended thumb is an artist's tool for measuring proportions, checking nearness and lining up potential works of art. Obviously that Tec #1 measures up. (thumbs u

As an inspired artist of impeccable taste in your own rite I thought surely you'd recognize this, my good man![/font] ;)

Next time, keep your eyes on the subject - looks like you got distracted there at the last second - doubtless by an even more gobsmacking funny book - and your thumb ended up in Richard's eye !