• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Con 2013 Gathering

69 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]True, there was an Action #1 and a Marvel Mystery #2 moving around the table. It was easy to get distracted.

Of course, the most obvious explanation is that someone requested a demonstration of my coin flipping technique around this time, but that's another story altogether. :grin:

As you can see, that thumb has many uses! [/font] :gossip:

[font:Times New Roman]True, there was an Action #1 and a Marvel Mystery #2 moving around the table. It was easy to get distracted.

Of course, the most obvious explanation is that someone requested a demonstration of my coin flipping technique around this time, but that's another story altogether. :grin:

As you can see, that thumb has many uses! [/font] :gossip:

From what I hear, you are a grandmaster coin flipper!

Memo to self - never flip a coin with Merryweather.

Richard and Cat agree

SDCon2013_06.jpg

That darned thumb of Cat's has a life of it's own - like the dictator's nose - or was it his ear? - in Sleeper!

[font:Times New Roman]The extended thumb is an artist's tool for measuring proportions, checking nearness and lining up potential works of art. Obviously that Tec #1 measures up. (thumbs u

As an inspired artist of impeccable taste in your own rite I thought surely you'd recognize this, my good man![/font] ;)

Next time, keep your eyes on the subject - looks like you got distracted there at the last second - doubtless by an even more gobsmacking funny book - and your thumb ended up in Richard's eye !

I was relieved. That was a better place than any alternative.

SDCon2013_02.jpg

Classic!

Having such a foremost restoration expert, even if he didn't bring any comics to share, definitely influences the discussion.

New catchphrase: "There's a disturbance in the gloss"

New resto detection technique: Place the spine of the comic close to your ear. Lightly run your finger back and forth along the spine and literally listen to how it sounds as restored books sound different than unrestored books.

SDCon2013_02.jpg

Classic!

Having such a foremost restoration expert, even if he didn't bring any comics to share, definitely influences the discussion.

New resto detection technique: Place the spine of the comic close to your ear. Lightly run your finger back and forth along the spine and literally listen to how it sounds as restored books sound different than unrestored books.

May the gloss be with you. (thumbs u (That's Merryweather's thumbuppance)

Mini-run of Planets, unslabbed as God intended.

SDCon2013_07.jpg

:gossip:

Yes, 143ksk:that's an Archie #1. Yes, it's restored.

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a grand time was had by all. I got a chance to look

at these Planets up close, and they are indeed stunning.

Classic!

lol