• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con August 21-24, 2014

326 posts in this topic

I did get to talk and pick up signatures with Jenny Frison (booked for commission), Arthur Suydam (Very nice) and Ben Templesmith (Aussie accent is thick, but great fellow)

BC didn't like the lack of artists.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/23/wizard-world-chicago-where-did-all-the-artists-go/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I thought there was a decent selection of artists, but you do have a selection of "high school talent" trying to sell a selection of "prints" printed off their computer...

I picked up my on-site books today. I did pretty well with my guesses. Actual grade in red. Wish this was the grading contest.

I dropped off 17 books for on-site grading when the doors opened. The whole process was quick and easy.

Excited to get my books back on Saturday or Sunday. I wrote down all my grade guesses so we'll see how I do.

Post the guesses now. :gossip:

Here they are:

Marvel Super-Heroes 18 - 5.0 - 4.0

Avengers 4 - 2.5 - 2.5

Hulk 2 - 2.0 - 2.0

Detective Comics 45 - 1.5 - 1.8

Green Lantern 1 - 1.0 - 1.5

Hulk 180 - 7.5 - 6.5

Hulk 180 - 6.5 - 5.5

Hulk 181 - 3.5 - 3.0

New Mutants 98 - 9.8 - 9.6

The Strain 1 - 9.6 - 9.8

The Strain 2 - 9.8 - 9.8 (Only one on census as of today!)

Wolverine Limited Series 1 - 9.8 - 9.8

Wolverine Limited Series 1 - 9.8 - 9.8

Wolverine Limited Series 1 - 9.6 - 9.6

Amazing Spider-Man 361 - 9.4 - 9.4

300 #1 - 9.8 - 9.8

V for Vendetta 1 - 9.8 - 9.6

very disappointed they switched the vendors to downstairs from upstairs where it was held last year. more light upstairs, more places to sit and eat and all on one floor, hope they switch it back

I thought it was nice the way it was this year. Though I thought it was weird there was dealers, and separate dealers by the celebs, with no adjoining access except the lobby.... Hated last years set-up with two floors.....

Can you believe all CGC staffs left many unused boxes, three high stacks of invoices and many brochures and printed papers on the booth?

Damned I missed to pick up my 6 graded books that were shipped back to Florida. I don't know damned grades on those books not even on my order status.

very disappointed they switched the vendors to downstairs from upstairs where it was held last year. more light upstairs, more places to sit and eat and all on one floor, hope they switch it back

I thought it was nice the way it was this year. Though I thought it was weird there was dealers, and separate dealers by the celebs, with no adjoining access except the lobby.... Hated last years set-up with two floors.....

Agreed. I remembered there was spilled on the escalator that had to be shut down for 30 minutes. That forced us to go downstairs.

So, it will be on the SAME weekend next year. I bet it will be on the first floor again. I have gone to the same show at the same location since 2008. There was only one time that we had two floors last year.

Chicago Wizard had an unusually high amount of 1/2 price back issues on Thurs. at the start of the con.

There were almost no OA dealers. Missing in action: Bechara Malouf from Boston, Albert Moy from NJ, Tri-State OA from the Eastcoast USA. I guess their OA sales were not stellar at SDCC so decided to skip Chicago Wizard ?