• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August CLink Focused Auction Thread

210 posts in this topic

Didn't see one posted yet, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling.

Beyond the nice low grade, but plenty presentable copies of All-American 16, Batman 1, and Flash 1, there's some really solid books coming up- especially if you like classic covers or books that don't come along every day (or both).

Beyond the obvious big DC titles, highlights for me include (IMO) the 2 best Suspense Comic covers (3 and 8) as well as the sister book to Suspense 8, Startling Terror Tales 11.

The high-grade collection of Wonder Comics is also one to keep an eye on, and there's a very nice 7.5 of Startling 49 to round out a strong selection of Schomburg airbrushed covers. And, speaking of books that you don't come by every day, the D copy of All-Negro #1 that's tied atop the census hasn't changed hands in over a decade.

On the non-GA front, 4 more AF 15's and 6 more AS 1's are coming down the pipe. I know Silver Age Marvel is hot and Spider-man's practically supernova, but I have to wonder if increased supply will slow down growth at some point. As of now, that freight train hasn't showed any signs of slowing down yet.

Didn't see one posted yet, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling.

Beyond the nice low grade, but plenty presentable copies of All-American 16, Batman 1, and Flash 1, there's some really solid books coming up- especially if you like classic covers or books that don't come along every day (or both).

Beyond the obvious big DC titles, highlights for me include (IMO) the 2 best Suspense Comic covers (3 and 8) as well as the sister book to Suspense 8, Startling Terror Tales 11.

The high-grade collection of Wonder Comics is also one to keep an eye on, and there's a very nice 7.5 of Startling 49 to round out a strong selection of Schomburg airbrushed covers. And, speaking of books that you don't come by every day, the D copy of All-Negro #1 that's tied atop the census hasn't changed hands in over a decade.

On the non-GA front, 4 more AF 15's and 6 more AS 1's are coming down the pipe. I know Silver Age Marvel is hot and Spider-man's practically supernova, but I have to wonder if increased supply will slow down growth at some point. As of now, that freight train hasn't showed any signs of slowing down yet.

But there is a Goom book in the auction? That's the real question hm

Legionnaire #000002 reporting sir! :sumo:

But there is a Goom book in the auction? That's the real question hm

Legionnaire #000002 reporting sir! :sumo:

I've heard a rumor that Goom makes a guest appearance in Giant Comics Edition 12 with the classic Baker prostitute cover. In what capacity? I'll only know once I crack that case open and find out. And if I don't like how it goes, I'll eat the book. Goom would've wanted it that way.

Good luck to whomever wins my Black Cat Mystery 50 9.0 pedigree...it was hard to let go of!

Beautiful book.

Other than this I am not seeing much in the way of PCH...

Look closer...Haunted Thrills...Weird Tales of the Future...Mystery Tales...etc!

I see some interesting books listed. I'm always happy to learn something new, and I learned from this auction that Molly O'Day #1 was the first Avon comic! The All-Negro Comics and the Giant Comics Edition with the Baker cover will both be fun to watch, but both would be out of my price range even if I hadn't already blown my budget for the year. And I love the Biro cover on the Daredevil 16!

Looking at a couple of hings in this auction. I want to walk away with something here and at NYCC and then I am done for 2013.

Brother, how many times have I said something similar only not to be able to stick to it!

Comiclink has been getting some interesting consignments All Negro Comics and that Giant Comics Edition from 6th Avenue Comics huge collection find should be fun.

I had to swear to God and my deceased mother (God rest her soul) that I would not buy any more comics until August 2014. The Suspense Comics 3, 7.0 from ComicConnect set me back a little.

Lord...I shouldn't even be looking at these auctions. The only thing I can't resist is temptation.

The only thing that's irritated me so far is this Detective Comics 181 that went from a 9.2 O/W to a 9.6 White. Off-white all the way to white? Come on CGC, get your act together on page quality!

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7076&lotNo=91091

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2013aug%26x%3D13%26y%3D9%26pg%3D7%23Item%5F982488&id=982488

The only thing that's irritated me so far is this Detective Comics 181 that went from a 9.2 O/W to a 9.6 White. Off-white all the way to white? Come on CGC, get your act together on page quality!

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7076&lotNo=91091

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2013aug%26x%3D13%26y%3D9%26pg%3D7%23Item%5F982488&id=982488

Well it was in an old label after-all and usually there would be a PQ bump up if in a new holder. But from offwhite to white is pretty drastic. Looking at the C-link scan, the page sticking out at the top certainly looks white to me

I had to swear to God and my deceased mother (God rest her soul) that I would not buy any more comics until August 2014. The Suspense Comics 3, 7.0 from ComicConnect set me back a little.

Lord...I shouldn't even be looking at these auctions. The only thing I can't resist is temptation.

Whatever deal you made with God, your mother, and any other assorted deity or family member was well worth it for that Suspense 3. :applause:

and don't forget about those air fighters; sky's the limit on those!

Great covers and very nice grades.

They really are. It's hard not to appreciate a book featuring Airboy flying through the eye of the hurricane.

Especially when that hurricane is an evil Japanese floating catfish head with poor dental hygiene and swastika eyes.