• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Question

31 posts in this topic

Richie knows his stuff for sure and is an eccentric guy. I bought a few GA Archie's from him once and they turned out to have water damage. He took them back with a full refund with no hassles.

I'm not a fan of how he sets up at cons but I'm usually not buying what he offers anyway.

Try asking him what he thinks of CGC.... lol

I was just checking out his site. Has anyone here bought from him online? I'm curious as to how much give he has on his prices.

You definitely want to go through his site rather than through his eBay listings. He is much more willing to deal off his site. That said, he knows his stuff. Not much give on books he thinks are fairly priced. A fair amount of give on stuff that he's been sitting on for awhile or knows is overpriced. Like most dealers, I guess, although his marked prices are on the high side.

Thanks Sqeggs,

Just browsing a few minutes it looked like a lot of his stuff was pretty high but then I saw a few books peppered in that looked like they were fairly priced. Of course I was looking mostly at ASM books. With the popularity of those I'd probably price them high too.

watch out for conserved books

Yeah, he distinguishes "restoration" from "conservation" but he does disclose everything.

On his website at least, it looks like he's added a third category: "Repair".

i see this guy at WW Chicago. i asked to see one of his books in the case and he laid into me "weren't you just here? didn't you just look at this book?" uhh, no. looked at the book and attempted to talk price and he just ignored me and placed the book back in the case. i was irked (didn't want him to get any of my money), but i still wanted the book... so i asked two other dealers about him. they both warned me for a variety of reasons.

when i got home i searched the boards and felt that i dodged a bullet: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6226408&fpart=1