• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Not sure why you are so angry with Kav

He did not cause the thread to be locked

The minute cash made its appearance the thread was going away

Not sure why the thread can't continue in the sales forum under mixed

I am not sure who you addressing but I am not angry with kav. I am not angry at all. If PIF is reborn so be it, Like Howard Stern when he went to Sirius, something else will take its' place.

Did you listen to WXRK after Howard left? O god it was abysmal (I had Sirius in my dorm room but not in my car)

I was trying to get in there, donate the cash to Wounded Warriors and reset the thread myself but missed two chances. If kav vetoed Shadow I was ready to pounce and why I kept making kav restate his offers so there was no wiggle room.

Again, PIF is a community thread and that means all are welcome. The angels come with the devils and most of us are somewhere in between.

I might start a new PIF, I might not. But now is not the time. Maybe the old PIF will rise like the Phoenix!

No.

I agree, I hope there is never a PIF 2.0 There are too many people that will do everything they can to make it fail.

If PIF is locked, I guess people are going to have to figure out who had the official last offer and what to do with it.

Bird, if you are going to personally attack me with a comment about my character please back up your opinion either in the thread or via pm. I have never taken advantage of anyone so your comment is completely out of line. Baba said it because he was being funny, because...well, Baba is funny and we play around like that.

I am not sure who you addressing but I am not angry with kav. I am not angry at all. If PIF is reborn so be it, Like Howard Stern when he went to Sirius, something else will take its' place.

No.

Leave that thread locked and have NOTHING else take it's place. If you feel like being generous, offer something in the RAK thread or donate to a charity thread or community event (grading contest, Holiday Raffle).

We don't need something else to take its place.

RAK goes no where, I did the raffle this year first time (entered 3 prizes after consulting with raffle chief about desireability of the posters), cannot grade and never looked in there, and am starting a produce delivery type charity in my home town in my spare time with the local FISH (website coming this weekend if my wife gets to it).

All that said, PIF is fun for me. I often do not read the names of who is posting what...I just fly down the comments section. But those boardies that I have become acquianted with here came from PIF by and large. And the good outnumber the bad by far. And really, if someone wants to plot and increase the cumulative worth of thier collection by $12 or something every other week, and the community takes what they offer in return, I have more pity than scorn for such people and try to have forgiveness for them if possible,

It used to cause butthurt but I re-adjusted my perspective. And I feel there is a bully-brigade here that should be opposed. There are almost infinite threads here, if people get there panties all bunched up when reading PIF then do not read PIF. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop begging for protection.

I usually re-read to edit and be clear but not this one.'

Did you listen to WXRK after Howard left? O god it was abysmal (I had Sirius in my dorm room but not in my car)

Yes. My wife used to get up to hear the show start, But eventually we stopped missing him.

It was tough though.

Bird, if you are going to personally attack me with a comment about my character please back up your opinion either in the thread or via pm. I have never taken advantage of anyone so your comment is completely out of line. Baba said it because he was being funny, because...well, Baba is funny and we play around like that.

Nah. :sumo:

Lighten up Francis!

BTW, I said in the PIF thread that I have met CAK and he has been fine with me in person.

I agree, I hope there is never a PIF 2.0 There are too many people that will do everything they can to make it fail.

Shouldn't we stand up to this? Why should we let people whose only goal is to ruin something win?

I have to admit I was disappointed after the Trading Post went down. I understand it getting pulled but why not try again after the feedback? To me it seemed that if was only there to hurt the PIF thread and if that wouldn't work it had no use.

I was trying to get in there, donate the cash to Wounded Warriors and reset the thread myself but missed two chances. If kav vetoed Shadow I was ready to pounce and why I kept making kav restate his offers so there was no wiggle room.

Again, PIF is a community thread and that means all are welcome. The angels come with the devils and most of us are somewhere in between.

I might start a new PIF, I might not. But now is not the time. Maybe the old PIF will rise like the Phoenix!

No.

Why do you care if it starts again or not? I enjoy going in the PIF thread and checking up on the offers. Nothing has made me jump in in a long time, but yesterday if I was a little faster I would have jumped on Shadow's offer. The drama can be over the top but overall the thread is a fun thing.

If you hate the thread...stay out of it. I know you're involved in a lot of stuff on these boards[far more than me], but I don't believe its mandatory so just stay away from the areas that bother you.

No.

Why do you care if it starts again or not? I enjoy going in the PIF thread and checking up on the offers. Nothing has made me jump in in a long time, but yesterday if I was a little faster I would have jumped on Shadow's offer. The drama can be over the top but overall the thread is a fun thing.

If you hate the thread...stay out of it. I know you're involved in a lot of stuff on these boards[far more than me], but I don't believe its mandatory so just stay away from the areas that bother you.

:o:sorry:

I've given several arguments in the past month alone why this thread is bad for the community and what it really promotes instead of what it originally intended to promote.

Sure, I could stay out of PIF. But then I would miss the shills and scammers that begin to infiltrate the rest of the Boards including the sales forum. How many shills have been discovered in PIF over the last year. Several current HOS/PL members started out in PIF and returned with shills.

It's a way for them to get some quick faux goodwill rather than having to spend time here.

That was me and Baba recreating the boardie vs boardie fight last night that was part of the thread locking

I needed someone to keep bring up a hulk 377 3rd print and the circle jerk would have been complete