• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Every single time I broke my rule and gave money I regretted it. there was a homeless woman who needed new wheels for her wheelchair so gave her money.

For this kindness she repaid me by dumping garbage in my alley constantly, bringing her friends to hang out and urinate and yell.

Pythagoras said help a man raise a burden not set one down and he seems to be spot on.

Karma' a biotch, huh?

Here's a safe list:

https://www.charitywatch.org/top-rated-charities

Plenty of charities worth donating to.

No charities are safe.

You do not know the people that get the money and what they will do with it.

even Wounded Warriors isn't safe..most of the money goes to the guys at the top...Heifer International is a good charity...they buy animals for people overseas and show them how to tend them for milk and food. You can buy a chicken or a pig or whatever you want and it's given to the deserving people.

Please for the love of God no charities. Does anyone see what I am saying here? Even if it's the best charity in the world and the people running it are not making a fortune eventually the money goes to someone-you have no idea what kind of person that is or what they will do with it. If it goes to a boardie in the grading contest we are now 100% sure it went to a good place.

That list does have some good ones. The Michael J Fox Parkinson one got A+.

You never know how money will be wasted. Here's 3.5 million of charity money that basically vaporized in that Parkinson's charity:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2782875/Michael-J-Fox-s-foundation-launches-multi-million-lawsuit-against-laboratory-left-freezer-door-open-destroying-important-Parkinson-s-research-sample.html

If it goes to a boardie in the grading contest we are now 100% sure it went to a good place.

Are you sure about that? Most people are only known here by their online personality with the exception of those that made personal friendships. Would you be ok with the money going to Meeklo (sorry Meeks) or CAK? How about someone on the PL or HOS?

If it goes to a boardie in the grading contest we are now 100% sure it went to a good place.

Are you sure about that? Most people are only known here by their online personality with the exception of those that made personal friendships. Would you be ok with the money going to Meeklo (sorry Meeks) or CAK? How about someone on the PL or HOS?

Best would be just give it to a person we know is deserving like Hector. Second best is other boardies. Sure there's a chance some will go to a HOSer but percentage wise it's a pretty good deal.

I mean, theres gonna be prizes in the grading contest-that's a given. We don't have 'no prizes cause what if it goes to an undeserving boardie'. So this is just more prizes for the fund.

Is Hokie still getting the books he claimed from Shadow? If so it doesn't seem right he has to give up his PIF.

Could also be held until this year's X-mas Exchange and used for people that get stiffed.

Another great idea.

I really think it should stay in the boards.

Best would be just give it to a person we know is deserving like Hector. Second best is other boardies. Sure there's a chance some will go to a HOSer but percentage wise it's a pretty good deal.

I like Hector but what makes him any more deserving than Shadow Images. That is just silly.

I like Hector but what makes him any more deserving than Shadow Images. That is just silly.

Shadow can keep his PIF you get his books give Hector yours.

If we do the donation route, than of course I am going to give up the books I claimed. If we go the RAK route, then obviously I would be putting up my offer from last night. :)