• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Well, due to trolling accusations from Kav (followed by rabid button humping), Ajuillay has been given a wrist slap and will be back in a few days I guess.

That was me and Baba recreating the boardie vs boardie fight last night that was part of the thread locking

I needed someone to keep bring up a hulk 377 3rd print and the circle jerk would have been complete

:golfclap:

Thank god Awax had screen shots so we didn't have to go from memory.

;)

You don't think he was trolling him?

I didn't give an opinion either way. I was just saying that Kav made accusations, hit the button on numerous posts, and the result is that he got rid of Ajuillay for a few days.

I was trying to get in there, donate the cash to Wounded Warriors and reset the thread myself but missed two chances. If kav vetoed Shadow I was ready to pounce and why I kept making kav restate his offers so there was no wiggle room.

Again, PIF is a community thread and that means all are welcome. The angels come with the devils and most of us are somewhere in between.

I might start a new PIF, I might not. But now is not the time. Maybe the old PIF will rise like the Phoenix!

No.

Why do you care if it starts again or not? I enjoy going in the PIF thread and checking up on the offers. Nothing has made me jump in in a long time, but yesterday if I was a little faster I would have jumped on Shadow's offer. The drama can be over the top but overall the thread is a fun thing.

If you hate the thread...stay out of it. I know you're involved in a lot of stuff on these boards[far more than me], but I don't believe its mandatory so just stay away from the areas that bother you.

:o:sorry:

I've given several arguments in the past month alone why this thread is bad for the community and what it really promotes instead of what it originally intended to promote.

Sure, I could stay out of PIF. But then I would miss the shills and scammers that begin to infiltrate the rest of the Boards including the sales forum. How many shills have been discovered in PIF over the last year. Several current HOS/PL members started out in PIF and returned with shills.

It's a way for them to get some quick faux goodwill rather than having to spend time here.

I get your frustration with the thread. But if we stop everything that has some bad eggs nothing would last. And honestly, how many shills get through the sales forum before the board detectives get there. For the most part, the PIF polices itself, and people who participate tend to smoke out the bad ones. You really think the shills and scammers will stop coming if there is no PIF?

My position isn't that its perfect or for everyone, but for those that enjoy it, shouldn't end because other don't like it.

I was trying to get in there, donate the cash to Wounded Warriors and reset the thread myself but missed two chances. If kav vetoed Shadow I was ready to pounce and why I kept making kav restate his offers so there was no wiggle room.

Again, PIF is a community thread and that means all are welcome. The angels come with the devils and most of us are somewhere in between.

I might start a new PIF, I might not. But now is not the time. Maybe the old PIF will rise like the Phoenix!

No.

Why do you care if it starts again or not? I enjoy going in the PIF thread and checking up on the offers. Nothing has made me jump in in a long time, but yesterday if I was a little faster I would have jumped on Shadow's offer. The drama can be over the top but overall the thread is a fun thing.

If you hate the thread...stay out of it. I know you're involved in a lot of stuff on these boards[far more than me], but I don't believe its mandatory so just stay away from the areas that bother you.

I've given several arguments in the past month alone why this thread is bad for the community and what it really promotes instead of what it originally intended to promote.

Sure, I could stay out of PIF. But then I would miss the shills and scammers that begin to infiltrate the rest of the Boards including the sales forum. How many shills have been discovered in PIF over the last year. Several current HOS/PL members started out in PIF and returned with shills.

It's a way for them to get some quick faux goodwill rather than having to spend time here.

I get your frustration with the thread. But if we stop everything that has some bad eggs nothing would last. And honestly, how many shills get through the sales forum before the board detectives get there. For the most part, the PIF polices itself, and people who participate tend to smoke out the bad ones. You really think the shills and scammers will stop coming if there is no PIF?

My position isn't that its perfect or for everyone, but for those that enjoy it, shouldn't end because other don't like it.

Have you followed PIF? I mean aside from popping in randomly to see what the latest offer is? There will be two days of smooth transactions and then a week of :slapfight:

It leads to animosity between members here that linger and flare up in other threads. Someone could have a great offer sit = butthurt. There could be alright offers that are attacked and accusations are thrown out.

I have zero issue with a trading thread and think it could be terrific. I do NOT like a trading thread that is guised behind some form of altruism or generosity.

People don't know everyone here. No one knows noobs. There's no way to definitely know if someone is being generous and people will never stop trying to figure out if someone is being generous or trying to game the system. There will always be some level of negativity in a thread tied to giving something while taking something when the measuring stick is "generosity" or "fairness" since it's a subjective standard.

I think RAK is terrific and I think a trading thread is terrific because both accomplish what PIF set out to do, but removes the subjective and oftentimes judgmental aspect from it.

No.

Stop Quad, before he takes your first round draft pick away next year! :o

No.

Have you followed PIF? I mean aside from popping in randomly to see what the latest offer is? There will be two days of smooth transactions and then a week of :slapfight:

It leads to animosity between members here that linger and flare up in other threads. Someone could have a great offer sit = butthurt. There could be alright offers that are attacked and accusations are thrown out.

I have zero issue with a trading thread and think it could be terrific. I do NOT like a trading thread that is guised behind some form of altruism or generosity.

People don't know everyone here. No one knows noobs. There's no way to definitely know if someone is being generous and people will never stop trying to figure out if someone is being generous or trying to game the system. There will always be some level of negativity in a thread tied to giving something while taking something when the measuring stick is "generosity" or "fairness" since it's a subjective standard.

I think RAK is terrific and I think a trading thread is terrific because both accomplish what PIF set out to do, but removes the subjective and oftentimes judgmental aspect from it.

:applause:

Basically, if there is a thread where all you do is measure "how generous are you?", it's going to end bad.

RAK thread is great for anyone feeling "hey, I want to give back today."

Trading thread is "I have this available, what will you give me for it?"

PIF is "I want to take that offer, and let me offer up x in return?"

>>> the idea was originally meant to be the RAK thread: giving something for nothing. Paying it forward. (current RAK thread :idea: ) and it became:

"if you take, give in return..." >>> isn't that paying it back and NOT forward???

What that leads to is an evaluation and critique of participant's generosity.

How does ANYONE other than the participant know if someone is being genuine in their offers or not? You can't determine that. It's why I eventually walked away from the Giving Tree thread. I realized - IT WON'T WORK.

If you say "no more negative discussion about questionable offers" donkeys will continually try to take. Sorry, that's reality.

If you allow negative discussion about questionable offers, people begin to interject and throw in their own opinion whether they feel a person is being negative or If you remove the altruistic costume of PIF and strip it down, you're left with a trading thread. I think a trading thread could be great. I just don't think people measuring other's generosity is a good thing.

Just move the PIF to the Sellers forum...then you can pretty much do whatever you want in regards to offers. Maybe Sell it Forward.

Shoot....the Probation Discussion thread is full enough. No need to add to it with PIF nonsense. :devil:

Just move the PIF to the Sellers forum...then you can pretty much do whatever you want in regards to offers. Maybe Sell it Forward.

Problem with that is the thread would be in the mixed use section and that place is a ghost town most of the time.