• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

after the credits...i'd like to see DOOMSDAY's fist banging against a steel door.

Comic nerds would freak out.

in the BvS or in JL movie

Maybe too soon for that? But if it is going to be a Batman vs. Superman lead-in to the JLA/JLI movie, the villain has to be someone super-powerful to take on all that might.

THE COMING OF...BIG SIR!

133860-87146-big-sir.jpg

Certainly not too early for Doomsday...maybe about 5 movies too late.

I think I get where you are going, in that it would have been great if Superman in the early films had villains that could really challenge him physically. But even Doomsday in comics would have been too soon when you look at the legend that had to be built up first.

Then, after many decades of some physical challenges, definite mental challenges, and at times image challenges (especially Superman losing steam when it came to fan interest), Doomsday came along to sweeten the pot.

Now if you had a character appear as early as the 70's films, where Superman could be killed by him, it would have been before the hero worship-level of establishment had occurred. That would seem too soon.

And with Snyder's relaunch of the franchise, I'm not sure if right now is when you want an alien that is going to kill Superman. But a buildup to that story could be interesting. Maybe Doomsday already being out there in the universe, destroying mighty beings as he is drawn to Earth for some reason.

Just a thought.

Certainly not too early for Doomsday...maybe about 5 movies too late.

I think I get where you are going, in that it would have been great if Superman in the early films had villains that could really challenge him physically. But even Doomsday in comics would have been too soon when you look at the legend that had to be built up first.

Then, after many decades of some physical challenges, definite mental challenges, and at times image challenges (especially Superman losing steam when it came to fan interest), Doomsday came along to sweeten the pot.

Now if you had a character appear as early as the 70's films, where Superman could be killed by him, it would have been before the hero worship-level of establishment had occurred. That would seem too soon.

And with Snyder's relaunch of the franchise, I'm not sure if right now is when you want an alien that is going to kill Superman. But a buildup to that story could be interesting. Maybe Doomsday already being out there in the universe, destroying mighty beings as he is drawn to Earth for some reason.

Just a thought.

maybe they can have doomsday escape from the phantom zone and gets captured by the government and tested on and they start to tease him through the film's.

What ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Can Learn From the Animated ‘Justice League: War’

Adapted from the Geoff Johns- and Jim Lee-created ‘Justice League: Origins’ graphic novel, ‘Justice League: War’ follows Darkseid (who is like the Thanos of the DC universe) unleashing his winged minions to take over and terraform Earth. As Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman, Cyborg and Shazam (replacing Aquaman, who was featured originally in the comic) are all dealing with the problem in separate ways, the fight soon draws them together to face Darkseid as a team.

Aside from the fact that fans of ‘Origin’ will surely find joy in seeing the comic play out on-screen, Warner Bros. should pay attention to the film’s various issues and successes. With ‘Batman vs. Superman’ on the way and the inevitable live-action ‘Justice League’ farther off still, here’s what Warners can learn from ‘War.’

Some interesting points. A few were mentioned when this animated movie was released.

If Doomsday was in it you'd just have people moaning about the level of damage... "I can't believe how much destruction there was" ... blah blah blah.

tada.gif

I love movies.

Always have, always will.

By now, I have grown a keen sense of what overkill is.

The end of Man of Steel was such a sensory overload of 21st Century pointless Irwin Allen destruction, it became literally impossible to really expect any level of grounded earth-bound reality (for a Superman movie), that the filmmakers so effectively established during the first 2/3 of the movie.

The climax felt shallow and comic-booky. My 2c

But, still a good movie nonetheless. (thumbs u

Tom Hanks as LEX LUTHOR!?...what the hell is wrong with WB? :facepalm:
He does have that sinister twinkle in his eye Gene Hackman had in the original two movies.

Bald-Tom-Hanks--88091.jpg

Yup. By casting Wilson the volleyball as Otis and Meg Ryan as Ms. Testbacher, you'll get the important Nora Ephron audience. (worship)