• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

There really needs to be a light-hearted family movie for the wee ones, with a powerful hero. An uncomplicated good guy, just a plain bad guy, evil scientists, girl power, magic, etc. Look at the box-office to "The Lego Movie". For the DC universe, The Marvel Family seems to be the most obvious choice. This wouldn't have to be some darkened version of Billy Batson.

There really needs to be a light-hearted family movie for the wee ones, with a powerful hero. An uncomplicated good guy, just a plain bad guy, evil scientists, girl power, magic, etc. Look at the box-office to "The Lego Movie". For the DC universe, The Marvel Family seems to be the most obvious choice. This wouldn't have to be some darkened version of Billy Batson.

Yes. I hope they keep Alan Moore and Grant Morrison far away from The Marvel Family. :wishluck:

:gossip:

Miracle Man is the darkened version, and let`s keep it that way.

i'm wondering how much superman costume is changing and how both batman and wonder woman costume's are going to look like.

Costume Designer speaks about BvS and Teases Wonder Woman

"It's a thrilling and slightly scary prospect of course. It's so important to get her right. She really deserves to be presented on-screen in her full glory, so what I do is look at the history of the character has been presented on the big-screen, small-screen, comic books, and graphic novels; we process it all. Then we kind of put that aside and work out what it right for our film, for the cinematic universe that our director Zack Snyder is putting together. We try to create a Wonder Woman relevant for today's audiences."

I read that, and found it interesting. Especially when they talked of researching all of her costumes, but then throwing them to the side and going with what may be needed in the movie.

That could be good or bad. We shall see.

:wishluck:

I read that, and found it interesting. Especially when they talked of researching all of her costumes, but then throwing them to the side and going with what may be needed in the movie.

That could be good or bad. We shall see.

:wishluck:

i think they are doing what they did with superman have each costume draw that she's had over the years and start to tweak it to get what feels to the right one for the film.

I want Superman to have his underwear back.

He's actually going with the bathrobe/smoking jacket look in this one. Just to demonstrate how powerful he truly is.

zz290513supergown.jpg

You'll wish he was wearing underwear when he flies down from the sky.

:ohnoez:

Zack Snyder readies to let Superman and Batman loose in about month

He provided some feedback on the casting disappointment.

There are two ways to think about it. We know the material. Unfortunately, the fans don’t know the material. So, we’re casting according to what’s happening in the -script.

I understand the canon. I’m not crazy. I know what these characters need from a mythological standpoint. I think Jesse is going to be an amazing Lex. Let’s not forget he was nominated for an Academy Award. It’s not like I just grabbed my friend to play the guy! This guy’s the real deal. By the way, in looking at all the talk-back, you can get all different perspectives in there too. Some people are hating to hate. Some people — someone did some fan art.

:golfclap:

Wonder Woman (2009) had plenty of that going for it. Well worth watching!

posters-60l.jpg

Now if that bring that level of win to Batman vs. Superman, they will have the beginnings of a solid heroine franchise.