• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Bryan Cranston interview - "I was never offered the role of Lex"

Cranston said Tuesday morning on "The Howard Stern Show" on SiriusXM satellite radio that the job would've have been a great career move, but never was offered to him.

"In the minds of fans, it's true," Cranston told Stern. "In the minds of the hierarchy of Warner Brothers, it's not true."

i think that's what the problem was in people wanted him to play Lex of breaking bad but i think WB/DC saw the problem it would have. people would see the movie and think it was walter white and not Lex.

i think that's what the problem was in people wanted him to play Lex of breaking bad but i think WB/DC saw the problem it would have. people would see the movie and think it was walter white and not Lex.

There is an old retail saying that "The customer is always right".

I'm not sure if WB/DC is just trying to be 'hip' or keep us guessing...but for once in the entire scope of speculation and hype....you'd think they'd go with a fan favorite like Cranston.

I'm still looking forward to whatever they produce, but I have to say I've been consistently astonished by their choices for the various roles.

I'm not sure if WB/DC is just trying to be 'hip' or keep us guessing...but for once in the entire scope of speculation and hype....you'd think they'd go with a fan favorite like Cranston.

I'm still looking forward to whatever they produce, but I have to say I've been consistently astonished by their choices for the various roles.

I agree that Marvel seems to be better at choosing the right cast members to play their characters (excluding the movies not produced by them directly, produced by Sony). We can only hope we're pleasantly surprised when the movie comes out.

I agree that Marvel seems to be better at choosing the right cast members to play their characters (excluding the movies not produced by them directly, produced by Sony). We can only hope we're pleasantly surprised when the movie comes out.

i do think Cranston would be great but i think fan wanted him because of breaking bad if he never did breaking bad would fans go crazy wanted him to play Lex.

and yes the choice of actors is surprising everybody and makes you would what is going to be the next surprise they have of choice.

i do think Cranston would be great but i think fan wanted him because of breaking bad if he never did breaking bad would fans go crazy wanted him to play Lex.

and yes the choice of actors is surprising everybody and makes you would what is going to be the next surprise they have of choice.

If I had to guess, I'd say they were looking for an actor to play Lex who's roughly the same age as Henry Cavill. Brian Cranston is 26 years older.

If I had to guess, I'd say they were looking for an actor to play Lex who's roughly the same age as Henry Cavill. Brian Cranston is 26 years older.

true it would give them more time and movies together.

With a little luck, his role in Godzilla may break him out of that Walter White stereotype.

On of the weird things (to me) about Affleck being cast was the ages/timeline difference: " Bruce Wayne...a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter".

If Batman and Superman aren't going to be traditional contemporaries, if they're re-imagining some oddball timeline, why not Cranston as an older Lex? In make-up he wouldn't have to appear as beatdown physically as Walter White was.

fans only wanted Cranston because he was bald in BB and it was easy to see him in the role.

the people casting obviously know how the character is written in the -script and Eisenberg must suit that role better....

On of the weird things (to me) about Affleck being cast was the ages/timeline difference: " Bruce Wayne...a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter".

If Batman and Superman aren't going to be traditional contemporaries, if they're re-imagining some oddball timeline, why not Cranston as an older Lex? In make-up he wouldn't have to appear as beatdown physically as Walter White was.

It could be for story purposes. Maybe Clark and Lex have a history as classmates.

the people casting obviously know how the character is written in the -script and Eisenberg must suit that role better....

That's exactly what Snyder said in the article above. There is a -script that Goyer and Terrio have/are working that makes it clear why these choices were made. So I have to hope the end state choices are going to make this all add up.

to her question yes they would release it early before they start filming.

man she surprise him good with that question out of left field, he was not expecting that question.

That's what I thought. He definitely seemed thrown off by the question.

But these suits better be all they have been built up to be over the months, or people are potentially going to get very turned off quickly.

to her question yes they would release it early before they start filming.

man she surprise him good with that question out of left field, he was not expecting that question.

That's what I thought. He definitely seemed thrown off by the question.

But these suits better be all they have been built up to be over the months, or people are potentially going to get very turned off quickly.

but i think that's going to be are fault and kevin smith fault also since he start this hype train that could be one of the biggest wreaks we see in some time.