• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Why can't they cast a green skinned man in the role of the Martian? Really irritates me.

One day. One day soon. Just keep the faith. They forget sometimes green puts the 'G' in 'ROYGBIV'.

I have to agree. It is just a title.

It just would have been fanboy fun day to see 'Batman v Superman: World's Finest' as it would be a phase-in from a small team movie to the bigger team movie.

Another casting rumor about the newer members.

Is Callan Mulvey playing The Joker in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice?

A couple of weeks ago director of photography Larry Fong posted an image of a playing card to his Instagram account, sparking speculation as to whether The Joker could appear in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Well, gossip site TMZ has seemingly picked up the ball and run with it, speculating that 300: Rise of an Empire star Callan Mulvey – who has been cast in the film in what Warner Bros. has described as a newly-created character – is set to portray the Clown Prince of Crime.

I don't see it. But maybe he will go all Heath Ledger on this.

(shrug)

Is Ben Affleck still Batman? They're really going to try to make billions from movies featuring Affleck as their best character? Really? That's insane. That dude's vanity is crazy outta control. Off the chain.

Is Ben Affleck still Batman? They're really going to try to make billions from movies featuring Affleck as their best character? Really? That's insane. That dude's vanity is crazy outta control. Off the chain.

That's so ten months ago.

:baiting:

You have to go with the follow-on chant.

939p7.jpg

A couple of weeks ago director of photography Larry Fong posted an image of a playing card to his Instagram account, sparking speculation as to whether The Joker could appear in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Well, gossip site TMZ has seemingly picked up the ball and run with it, speculating that 300: Rise of an Empire star Callan Mulvey – who has been cast in the film in what Warner Bros. has described as a newly-created character – is set to portray the Clown Prince of Crime.

(shrug)

Is this the same guy from Winter Soldier? So he'd portray two different villains in two different movies? I don't know, I'm skeptical of anyone trying to portray the Joker after Ledger but this guy definitely doesn't seem like the actor to tackle the role.

Edited by Kal-El

(shrug)

Is this the same guy from Winter Soldier? So he'd portray two different villains in two different movies? I don't know, I'm skeptical of anyone trying to portray the Joker after Ledger but this guy definitely doesn't seem like the actor to tackle the role.

i think his character in winter soldier dead but i see him more like metallo( like a soldier injured in combat at the end of man of steel, lex finds him ask him if he wants revenge on superman for injuring him.)

(shrug)

i think his character in winter soldier dead but i see him more like metallo( like a soldier injured in combat at the end of man of steel, lex finds him ask him if he wants revenge on superman for injuring him.)

I'm with you in that I can't see him playing The Joker. But then again, I never pictured Heath Ledge pulling it off either.

One of the other villains most probably. But quite a few articles are picking up on this rumor since the playing card photo was released.

If he's playing "a newly created character", I doubt it's the Joker.
i think "newly created character" is an other way of saying characters that haven't be seen in movies before.

Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice Is Beginning Of A Massive Justice League Story According To Kevin Smith

“But look, they’re obviously beginning something, and there’s a stretch of these flick,” continued Smith. “And so this is the beginning of the Justice League, as we all suspected as they were announcing that cast. We were like, ‘This is the beginning of a Justice League movie.’ From what I understand now, it’s no longer like, ‘This is Superman 2.’ They’re not doing these things. They’re doing like, ‘Here’s Man of Steel. Here’s Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice.’ The next one is not like a sequel to one of the characters. They’re just going to keep building their universe for about five or six movies.”

Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice Is Beginning Of A Massive Justice League Story According To Kevin Smith

“But look, they’re obviously beginning something, and there’s a stretch of these flick,” continued Smith. “And so this is the beginning of the Justice League, as we all suspected as they were announcing that cast. We were like, ‘This is the beginning of a Justice League movie.’ From what I understand now, it’s no longer like, ‘This is Superman 2.’ They’re not doing these things. They’re doing like, ‘Here’s Man of Steel. Here’s Batman/Superman: Dawn of Justice.’ The next one is not like a sequel to one of the characters. They’re just going to keep building their universe for about five or six movies.”

it's different and could help them expand their universe but i still think we going to see a solo films that would introduced new characters.

i was just thinking about the comic that came out when man of steel was release last year maybe it's not kara that left the ship after it crash. maybe that characters turn out to be Vandal Savage giving him a new origin just for the movies.

With the quality on TV lately, it may play a bigger role in future character launches hm

TV and pay-per-view streaming shows are definitely becoming a focus for the hobby leaders. Warner assigning a president to address this shows how it is catching on.

i was just thinking about the comic that came out when man of steel was release last year maybe it's not kara that left the ship after it crash. maybe that characters turn out to be Vandal Savage giving him a new origin just for the movies.

What makes you think that? Interesting twist on the story though.