• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

nl_images_ei_meaganmarie_wonder_woman_2_01_22_2014.jpg

Peace,

Chip

The headgear looks way too big on her in the left pic and the overall outfit looks bad. I don't sympathize with the badly made eagle on her chest. Have they ever seen armors from the Hellenistic period? They made beautiful and esthetically very appealing armors/ uniforms. Let alone that she probably shouldn't fight in a white long cloak. Looks cheap. Not slick at all.

Peace,

Chip

The headgear looks way too big on her in the left pic and the overall outfit looks bad. I don't sympathize with the badly made eagle on her chest. Have they ever seen armors from the hellenistic period? They made beautiful and esthetically very appealing armors/ uniforms. Let alone that she probably shouldn't fight in a white long cloak. Looks cheap. Not slick at all.

Cloak/Cape is a mistake unless it's made from some material that's fire proof and serves a usful purpose to protect her.

And yes, crafting from the Hellenistic period was very refined. Primitive does not equal crappy.

It appears that way only because when something is dug up in the present it's two-three millennium old and has been worn to hell over time.

Just imagine what your 9.8 comic published last month is gonna look like three thousand years from now! lol

I agree. There is a lot of chatter about leaked SDCC footage, leaked -script content, and even pictures. But it seems to point to the aftermath of 'Man of Steel' and the excessive destruction that took place. So maybe there was some Goyer hidden movie road map tying these details together.

What would be really fun, since it's so damn far off and they're filming anyway, would be to film some sidebar-snippets and "leak" those. Nothing from the actual film. Just bridge scenes. Clark glancing at a headline scene, Daily Planet office chatter scene, a Lois off-screen scene, droning on and on about Bruce Wayne, with a dead-pan "enough already" close-up of Clark's face. Just anything to tie Clark showing up for work (last we saw him) with other superheros making their appearance in his world (without us seeing them...yet).

Create some buzz that way, small universe-building snippets, rather than temp actual leakage to fill the insatiable demand for insider info.

I'd love for them to do this. But I bet the social media campaign was meant to be later this year once they had some filming out of the way.

The leaked SDCC trailer - if true - was quite the interesting approach. Batman watching the TV as Zod announces there is an alien living amongst humans. Then he suits up to go investigate.

‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ Gains Ben Affleck’s ‘Argo’ Castmate

Didn't Scoot McNairy play the undercover assassin in that follow-up Iron Man 3 short video? If so, I thought he would be in a later Marvel role as part of a Mandarin real appearance.

At lease this is another solid actor.

Batman v Superman: New Set Images Reveal...the Ending?

...from the looks of the latest pictures leaked from the set, things could be a whole lot more serious than that. They show the statue, or at least its broken remains - but this time it's surrounded by police officers, firemen and EMTs, and they're laying flowers around it.

‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ Gains Ben Affleck’s ‘Argo’ Castmate Didn't Scoot McNairy play the undercover assassin in that follow-up Iron Man 3 short video? If so, I thought he would be in a later Marvel role as part of a Mandarin real appearance.At lease this is another solid actor.
It is him. Scooty McNairy played a real bad dude in this Marvel One-Shot.

(5) 2014 - Marvel One-Shot - ALL HAIL THE KING... by aquiestajesus

Peace,

Chip

The headgear looks way too big on her in the left pic and the overall outfit looks bad. I don't sympathize with the badly made eagle on her chest. Have they ever seen armors from the Hellenistic period? They made beautiful and esthetically very appealing armors/ uniforms. Let alone that she probably shouldn't fight in a white long cloak. Looks cheap. Not slick at all.

I agree these looks kinda cheesy, but the close-up headshot in profile has a very menacing look that I think is cool.

ww.jpg

The costume, I agree, needs work, but a valiant effort still. ;)

Another site talking about the supposed leaked SDCC trailer. Though they are referencing the site that mentioned this first.

Did the Batman v Superman Trailer Really Just Leak?

Now that would show how the mass destruction leads to the bigger character tie-in to the next movie.

"The Batman vs Superman trailer starts with a dark screen with the voice over of General Zod's "you are not alone message" the screen slowly pans and it reveals that the scene is inside the Batcave. The camera slowly pans to a shot where you can only see the back of Batman but he is not yet wearing his cowl. Every monitor in the Batcave is playing Zod's video. After the message is complete, Batman wears his cowl turns to the camera and the trailer ends with the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice logo being revealed."

Superwoman: Amy Adams gives her first class seat to US soldier

“When we were waiting to board, I saw her glance the soldier’s way and then she said something to the person she was traveling with,” Hill told Today via email. “Once we boarded, I saw she was in first class. I was upgraded to first class and she was a couple rows behind me. I think she must have said something to the flight attendant, because before we took off she had vacated her seat and the flight attendant brought the soldier to her seat.”

Now that is classy.

:applause:

That was very nice of her to do that (thumbs u

Detroit to Los Angeles is around a 4.25 hour trip. So it was nice of her to take a step back so a soldier could relax for that long in style.

I respect what she did.

Clark makes an appearance to support the Royal Marine Charitable Trust Fund

Earlier this morning, the Royal Marine Charitable Trust Fund tweeted a photo of Henry Cavill with one of the shirts, and he just happens to be on set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice dressed as Clark Kent!

:applause:

Another member of the cast getting involved in supporting something worthwhile.