• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Snyder interview with USA Today: Link

"You can talk all you want about other superhero movies, but it's Batman and Superman, let's just be honest," Snyder says. "I don't know how you get bigger than that."

:headbang:

Amen to that!

(worship)(worship)

Snyder interview with USA Today: Link

"You can talk all you want about other superhero movies, but it's Batman and Superman, let's just be honest," Snyder says. "I don't know how you get bigger than that."

:headbang:

Amen to that!

(worship)(worship)

Ditto that (worship) (worship) (worship)

. . . and don't forget Wonder Woman too :o

And you felt you had to say that in this thread where rabid DC fans congregate.

Nice . . .

Well, he did end his post with 'Peace' so he has that going for him, right?

:eyeroll:

Nice . . .

It always cracks me up how Marvel guys always have to take shots at DC.

They just can't let it go. Whatever . . . (shrug)

Nice . . .

It always cracks me up how Marvel guys always have to take shots at DC.

They just can't let it go. Whatever . . . (shrug)

Go figure.

Meanwhile, I enjoy both companies. Even if I didn't, why waste time mocking another company's characters and productions? Seems pretty weak-minded.

At least DC still owns their properties.

:roflmao: where is the "burn" emoticon?? lol, seriously though, there isn't any real hostility between fans of the two publishers amongst boardies is there? That's a bit silly..

When I was a kid, my friend collected Marvel and I DC - we fought constantly about what company's comics was better. We we're kids. Granted, he sold me his Marvels and I loved them almost as much as my DC's.

Anyway, my point is they both have made tremendous contributions to the genre and both are deserved of respect. I don't see what purpose there is in adults knocking what other adults like. That's kids stuff IMHO.

:roflmao: where is the "burn" emoticon?? lol, seriously though, there isn't any real hostility between fans of the two publishers amongst boardies is there? That's a bit silly..

Why bother with that? There is a lot of good stories to enjoy from both companies anyway.

When I was a kid, my friend collected Marvel and I DC - we fought constantly about what company's comics was better. We we're kids. Granted, he sold me his Marvels and I loved them almost as much as my DC's.

Anyway, my point is they both have made tremendous contributions to the genre and both are deserved of respect. I don't see what purpose there is in adults knocking what other adults like. That's kids stuff IMHO.

+1

Why bother with that? There is a lot good stories to enjoy from both companies anyway.

+1, I love what both companies are doing with their films right now. It's a really exciting time to be a comic book fan, I say enjoy it all while it last as everything is transitory. 2c

+1

Why bother with that? There is a lot good stories to enjoy from both companies anyway.

+1, I love what both companies are doing with their films right now. It's a really exciting time to be a comic book fan, I say enjoy it all while it last as everything is transitory. 2c

Here here :golfclap:

I get it Chip, and no hard feelings really - it just got to me today I guess.

But if your stating facts about firsts I think 1st superhero comic and fist female superhero are some pretty substantial "firsts". Marvel may have been there wake-up call but DC was there first.

Marvel was no slouch either. They deserve a lot of credit for reviving the genre.

DC releases silly picture of Superman and Marvel releases this :

karnegillannebulaset.jpg

DC will always be second. Always.

Peace,

Chip

How could we not see the positive in this. Add the 'DC is thinking over a Wonder Woman movie, and Marvel is all 'Here's a gun-packing racoon'' line and it it will be a repeat classic.

Jeez.