• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder Says Destruction Of Metropolis Was Bigger Deal In Man Of Steel Than What Happened To Zod

"To me, the killing of Zod is not as big a deal as the destruction of Metropolis. It's important that these movies have consequences, that there is collateral damage. In Batman v Superman I wanted to show how Bruce Wayne feels when reduced to a sideline sitter. Batman is frightened by his impotence in the face of that."

For those that hated all that destruction, hopefully this brings comfort in realizing it is continuing to come across as purposeful to the follow-on storyline.

Zack Snyder Says Destruction Of Metropolis Was Bigger Deal In Man Of Steel Than What Happened To Zod

"To me, the killing of Zod is not as big a deal as the destruction of Metropolis. It's important that these movies have consequences, that there is collateral damage. In Batman v Superman I wanted to show how Bruce Wayne feels when reduced to a sideline sitter. Batman is frightened by his impotence in the face of that."

For those that hated all that destruction, hopefully this brings comfort in realizing it is continuing to come across as purposeful to the follow-on storyline.

i'm really hoping that the consequences in the DC movies becomes a lot better then what we have seen in Marvel films. so far the Russo are doing a lot better job adding consequences into the marvel universe.

Christian Bale Is Looking Forward To Batman V Superman

The Dark Knight actor touched on the subject while at the premiere for his latest film, Knight of Cups. When ET asked him if he was the best Batman of all time, he left it open-ended.

"It depends on who you talk with. You can't be Adam West, it just depends what you're in the mood for. I love watching Adam West."

Morgan Freeman, Bale's co-star in the Nolan trilogy, wasn't so convinced.

"You know, I'm happy for Ben, but I don't know how that's gonna work. Because the Dark Knight was almost 'it.' Pretty much 'it,'" Freeman said. "Did you see Batman Begins? I don't think you can beat that."

"Everyone brings their own element to that -- Ben [Affleck] will do that as well," he added. "I think the trailers are looking great and I'm looking forward to that. But right on for Morgan [Freeman] for saying no one will ever be that, I very much like him."

Only 1,000 of the customized Ultimate Tickets were made -- and they'll be personalized and shipped out to the fans who bought them within three weeks.

Oddly enough, it was one online account that purchased them all, identified as 'Drew_TheWeenster'.

hm

lol

Drew-McWeeny-MDC.jpg

"Yeah... it was me..."

Ben Affleck Describes Lex Luthor As Kurt Cobain Mixed With Larry Page

"I've been a fan of Jeremy Irons since high school," he said. He noted that he knew he "could rely on him to trigger real emotions," since the two share very close, and emotionally important scenes together.

As for Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, he compares him to two icons of the last two and a half decades.

"His Lex Luthor is reminiscent of [deceased Nirvana frontman] Kurt Cobain mixed with [Google co-founder] Larry Page. It's great! It makes me laugh and celebrates the uniqueness of our billionaires," looking at the differences between Lex and Bruce, he said. He does note that while it's certainly not said, both of these genius billionaires "may just be mentally ill!"

We've seen leaks and teases galore for BvS....but we've only caught 1 or 2 glimpses of the "bald" Luthor.

In this picture he's got what appears to be a prison top on.....

What the heck is going on with this? Does he get caught at the end of BvS? Is this from the Suicide Squad movie?

jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor2.jpg

Ben Affleck Describes Lex Luthor As Kurt Cobain Mixed With Larry Page

"I've been a fan of Jeremy Irons since high school," he said. He noted that he knew he "could rely on him to trigger real emotions," since the two share very close, and emotionally important scenes together.

As for Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, he compares him to two icons of the last two and a half decades.

"His Lex Luthor is reminiscent of [deceased Nirvana frontman] Kurt Cobain mixed with [Google co-founder] Larry Page. It's great! It makes me laugh and celebrates the uniqueness of our billionaires," looking at the differences between Lex and Bruce, he said. He does note that while it's certainly not said, both of these genius billionaires "may just be mentally ill!"

Google Friendly Unit Shifter... ;)

The hype over this movie is so high right now that I expect extremely mixed reviews between one significantly large group of people who will love it no matter what and another who are disappointed that it leaves the problems of child hunger and world peace unsolved. :ohnoez:

Is "The Flash's Terrifying vision" what Nightmare batman is in? is it really a Flash Dream?

Did you see that caption under the "Flash's Terrifying vision"?

"You'll never believe who's been cut from the movie"....

Who could that be? It's not Momoa...because he's been hyped even before Flash with a picture even....