• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Note to self:

- Do not eat excessively prior to seeing this movie.

- Drinking is okay beforehand, as long as I bring a Travel John Disposable.

:whee:

I paid close attention to limiting my fluid intake before I went to see Watchmen.

As a result I was able to enjoy the brilliant Dr Manhattan origin sequence in complete comfort.

Note to self:

I paid close attention to limiting my fluid intake before I went to see Watchmen.

As a result I was able to enjoy the brilliant Dr Manhattan origin sequence in complete comfort.

I'm just going to wear adult diapers.....problem solved!

d523608.jpg

Note to self:

Odd that you picked that particular sequence as the one likely to trigger it...seeing giant blue wang on the big screen gets your juices going, I'm guessing? :gossip:

Note to self:

Odd that you picked that particular sequence as the one likely to trigger it...seeing giant blue wang on the big screen gets your juices going, I'm guessing? :gossip:

Just a very long film and, getting old, becoming neurotic about the staying power of my bladder.

Blu-ray for me, now. Better safe than sorry.

Can't allow micturition to get in the way of fully appreciating another epic from this great director.

Anyone seen the Dr. Pepper cans in Canada yet?

Yes. My daughter spotted them this past weekend and was impressed with them. If it was regular Dr. Pepper instead of Diet I would have bought them...... lol

R-Rated Version Of BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Is On The Way

The Director's Cut for Watchmen was incredible, and while we never got an extended version of Man of Steel, it turns out that Zack Snyder has big plans for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The always reliable Stitch Kingdom has revealed this evening that an "Ultimate Edition" Blu-ray has been Rated-R for the reasons you can see in the Tweet below.

mktKBFd.png

yeah, it is! I just hope they didn't force any changes because of this Deadpool success thing, ya know? :insane:

lol

If Deadpool isn't a game-change like some of the analysts have noted, why all the quick moves towards R-rating productions and making sure they call this out?

But I do look forward to this Ultimate Edition BvS set.

If Deadpool isn't a game-change like some of the analysts have noted, why all the quick moves towards R-rating productions and making sure they call this out?

Interesting article addressing just that (why the R-rated BATMAN vs SUPERMAN is so weird): http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/02/24/r-rated-superhero-stories-are-inherently-revisionist

Interesting article addressing just that (why the R-rated BATMAN vs SUPERMAN is so weird): http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/02/24/r-rated-superhero-stories-are-inherently-revisionist

Wow very interesting read. It highlights what may prove to be a fundamental difference between the DCCU and the MCU. Marvel started by constructing a more or less cohesive, one would argue traditional Superhero universe. Yes they are now getting into some of the deconstructionist themes, but the core of the movies morality to this point is predicated on a clear distinction between right and wrong from a tradition sense. Civil War seems to be breaking that, but the foundation tracts comic history. We basically got Silver age origins, that have now morphed into a more modern take over many movies. But at the core MCU is still family friendly, with broad reaching easy to understand plots and themes.

DCCU, if this article is correct, is ignoring the more "innocent" origins stories and hitting plots point from a much darker cynical world, and darker more complex source material. While on the surface, this could mean more adult themes, and a more intelligent story. The big question, and ultimately the answer to whether the DCCU will work is how are these themes going to translate to the big screen. Do the deeper ideas read through, or are we left with what appears to be a overly dark, cynical, shallow, big ,violent fight. In the later case it would just come across as depressing and pointless. Can something like the Dark Knight Returns be a good movie, and is that the type of comic story that is even relevant anymore (remember it is 30 years old). Snyder tried a very similar approach with Watchman and the response was very mixed, same for Man of Steal. Furthermore. Do audiences who have grown accustomed to comic movies being solid family fair, want to see this darker take on things. By changing the tone are they satisfying one audience that wants comic movie to grow up, while alienating a wider audience need for continued success.

This will be like the Spectre ticket.

EXCLUSIVE: Regal Cinemas Announces Batman v Superman Ultimate Ticket

With the Ultimate Ticket, which goes on sale Monday February 29, 2016, a fan can see the movie once a day, in any format, for the entire run of the film at any Regal theater. That means IMAX, 3D, RPX, or standard formats are all fair game.

The cost of entry is $100, but if you manage to get your hands on one, five large-format viewings pay that off pretty quickly. Only 1,000 Ultimate Tickets are being made available, so you'll want to get your browser ready for refreshing this link Monday morning.

regal-bvs-ultimate-ticket-171524.jpg

i think that a lot of poeple are thinking that is going to get a deadpool treatment. but i think their wrong i have a feeling that it has to do with batman with criminals or batman and a joker killing a robin or it could be a mix of fighting scenes. from what we know is that the extra scenes have to be fighting scenes or around those type of scenes.

Batman V Superman Now Projected For $100M-$140M Opening Weekend

Analysts and executives are currently projecting the film to debut in the $100-$140 million range in its opening weekend. Not only is that a huge range but also consider the fact that many analysts projected Deadpool to take in $70 million in its Valentine's Day weekend opening but it actually hauled more than double the late estimates.

The record for an opening weekend in March is currently held by The Hunger Games with $152.2 million, followed by Alice in Wonderland at $116.1 million.

Batman v. Superman opens over Easter weekend, on Good Friday, in fact. Many school will be closed for the day, opening up additional hours for younger audiences to go watch the super hero showdown, however the recent news of a R-rated release coming to blu-ray could sway some parents in a direction other than theaters with the dark approach DC Comics films are taking cinematically.

The strongest opening weekend for a DC Comics property was The Dark Knight Rises with $160 million and a July opening, narrowly edging The Dark Knight's $158 million. By comparison to other super hero films, the top spots are held comfortably by The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron at $207 million and $191 million, respectively, while other Marvel properties Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 3, an Guardians of the Galaxy all claim spots in the top 10 with $174 million, $151 million, and $91 million in their respective opening weekends.

Deadpool, the only comic book movie of the year so far, reached an audience outside of the typical super hero genre fans and used a brilliant viral marketing campaign for a $132 million 3-day total.