• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Is Green Lantern Part Of Batman V. Superman?

Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production at Warner Bros., had some information regarding the green guardian.

“[Green Lantern] is an incredible character. He’s actually multiple incredible characters,” Silverman says. “There’s real opportunity there. We didn’t do a great job on that first Green Lantern movie. This is a character who deserves to be treated in the same way that Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman are being treated now, which is with great reverence. I guess I can say to the Green Lantern fans: if they can be patient with us, I think they’ll be really happy.”

While you might think that would mean a debut or cameo in the first Justice League film, it is probably going to be even further in the distance.

“Every beat of the movie is not yet worked out. So there’s the possibility that he may or may not be in Justice League 2,” the producer says. “For now, we felt that we were introducing enough characters that the best possible place we could put Green Lantern is some introduction in Justice League 2, or barring that, a movie after.”

‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Eyes Massive $140 Million Debut

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-1201721710/

Is that really massive though? They are playing catch up to Deadpool.

Deadpool started out with a very low estimate. So this is the forecasted assumption ticking up as remember the number quoted before was even lower where BvS could land. Now they are leaning towards the higher estimate being the starting point.

Batman V Superman Now Projected For $100M-$140M Opening Weekend

Analysts and executives are currently projecting the film to debut in the $100-$140 million range in its opening weekend. Not only is that a huge range but also consider the fact that many analysts projected Deadpool to take in $70 million in its Valentine's Day weekend opening but it actually hauled more than double the late estimates.

The record for an opening weekend in March is currently held by The Hunger Games with $152.2 million, followed by Alice in Wonderland at $116.1 million.

Batman v. Superman opens over Easter weekend, on Good Friday, in fact. Many school will be closed for the day, opening up additional hours for younger audiences to go watch the super hero showdown, however the recent news of a R-rated release coming to blu-ray could sway some parents in a direction other than theaters with the dark approach DC Comics films are taking cinematically.

The strongest opening weekend for a DC Comics property was The Dark Knight Rises with $160 million and a July opening, narrowly edging The Dark Knight's $158 million. By comparison to other super hero films, the top spots are held comfortably by The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron at $207 million and $191 million, respectively, while other Marvel properties Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 3, an Guardians of the Galaxy all claim spots in the top 10 with $174 million, $151 million, and $91 million in their respective opening weekends.

Deadpool, the only comic book movie of the year so far, reached an audience outside of the typical super hero genre fans and used a brilliant viral marketing campaign for a $132 million 3-day total.

Jena Malone Has Been Cut From BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

In EW's continued coverage of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it was just revealed that actress Jena Malone has been cut from the film's 2hr 31m theatrical release. However, Malone will play a key character in the extended, R-rated, Ultimate Edition that will be released on home video. EW goes on to report that though Malone has been cut from the theatrical release, the character serves a clue to what the future of the DCEU holds.

Furthermore, Malone's secret character will be joined on the R-rated Ultimate Edition by even more secret cast additions, extended fight scenes and further hints to the future of the DCEU.

In a way, I'd rather they focus on a few less characters. This way, we get more into the ones they do present.

In EW's continued coverage of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it was just revealed that actress Jena Malone has been cut from the film's 2hr 31m theatrical release. However, Malone will play a key character in the extended, R-rated, Ultimate Edition that will be released on home video. EW goes on to report that though Malone has been cut from the theatrical release, the character serves a clue to what the future of the DCEU holds.

Furthermore, Malone's secret character will be joined on the R-rated Ultimate Edition by even more secret cast additions, extended fight scenes and further hints to the future of the DCEU.

In a way, I'd rather they focus on a few less characters. This way, we get more into the ones they do present.

From what I have read or heard the easter eggs that she references in this movie are huge for future DCEU movies. Her scene should have never been cut.

+1 to that (thumbs u

I'm worried. I truly believe this movie is going to be my Attack Of The Clones.

Lex = C-3PO. Very cool movie, but one character's behavior and actions completely ruin it for me.

I can't stand Lex. He jars me out of enjoying every preview I've seen with him in it.