• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Her costume is horrible. No red white and blue. doh!

I don't understand why everyone is so surprised. Marvel does more faithful interpretations. Not DC. Never DC.

Captain America and Falcon looked like they were lifted right off the comic pages in the last Captain America movie. :eyeroll:

Her costume is horrible. No red white and blue. doh!

I don't understand why everyone is so surprised. Marvel does more faithful interpretations. Not DC. Never DC.

Captain America and Falcon looked like they were lifted right off the comic pages in the last Captain America movie. :eyeroll:

lol

The longer video of the event has hit.

PSssttt look a few posts above

The video I posted had the teaser and the three main cast appearances. Then it went right into Jupiter Ascending, which must have been a tough act to deliver after the BvS blowup.

I think the only competition that should be going on between these companies is the audience standard of how high they can take things to making a lasting impression. This way, they truly can maintain an on-going growing franchise that keeps us all wanting more.

It was definitely an interesting day yesterday for Marvel and DC both, between the Batman v Superman tease and then the Age of Ultron interviews and appearances. It would appear between the two movies, they caused a massive uptick in internet activity.

:applause:

yeah it was a great day yesterday. i was more surprise WB/DC had something to show for BvS. which is one the things that a lot of people were not expecting especially from a movie that is still filming. i do hope WB/DC release it like Marvel did for that Ant-man test footage.

Wonder Woman

BtfLEsmIYAANa8M.jpg

I went back to look at this photo, and really think Snyder may have made a wise decision with his actress choice. She may not be this super-curvy women that fits the stereotype of Wonder Woman, but rather an extremely slim, athletic representation. If her acting matches the quality of this costume design, we are going to have a huge hit come 2016.

And I guess the athletic look is working for more than just DC.

3519908-7003949583-27978.jpg

zzz

Need more then some glowing eyes to impress me. The bar is a lot higher now a days.

i think it's more that it is hinting at a certain costume from a certain storyline

That is what I got out of it.

Wonder Woman

BtfLEsmIYAANa8M.jpg

I went back to look at this photo, and really think Snyder may have made a wise decision with his actress choice. She may not be this super-curvy women that fits the stereotype of Wonder Woman, but rather an extremely slim, athletic representation. If her acting matches the quality of this costume design, we are going to have a huge hit come 2016.

And I guess the athletic look is working for more than just DC.

3519908-7003949583-27978.jpg

+1 All in on this one now.

Had Marvel/Disney revealed a Ms.Marvel,Dr.Strange or Black Widow movie they would have won SDCC.

But they didn't,so WB/DC wins this round....for now.

Not that there should be a "winner" or "loser" for this type of stuff, but no one seems to be talking about the fact that Marvel showed two trailers for their films and WB showed only a teaser for theirs.

Ant-Man seemed like a full trailer of footage, and Ultron definitely was a full trailer.

It seems like there's not much chatter about the Marvel side of it.

Peace,

Chip

Not that there should be a "winner" or "loser" for this type of stuff, but no one seems to be talking about the fact that Marvel showed two trailers for their films and WB showed only a teaser for theirs.

Ant-Man seemed like a full trailer of footage, and Ultron definitely was a full trailer.

It seems like there's not much chatter about the Marvel side of it.

Peace,

Chip

Did you want that in the 'Batman v Superman' thread to feel like Marvel was getting enough attention?

:baiting:

Did you want that in the 'Batman v Superman' thread to feel like Marvel was getting enough attention?

:baiting:

No, it was just making the statement that the hype seems disproportional to what was actually shown from each studio. I got chills watching the BvS clip. It was perfect!

Peace,

Chip

It just goes to show people are hungry for a DC/Warner movie that really pulls things together better than has ever been done before. And that isn't taking away from Nolan's trilogy. That, unfortunately, was not used to launch other movies outside of the Batman Universe.

But there is so much DC, Marvel and other projects announced yesterday, material is still flowing out on it all slowly. Including the Ant-Man cast finally coming together.

Hang on for the overall ride. It will be worth it!

Hang on for the overall ride. It will be worth it!

Dude, I'm 42. I've been into comics since I was 6. I'm on this ride until I'm dead. :)

Peace,

Chip

Dude, then enjoy it even more.