• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I think Bruce must perceive Superman as a wildcard.....and there's only one thing left to do: determine quickly if he's a threat that needs to be neutralized for the good of mankind....or if he is actually someone Bats can work with for the greater good. Methinks it starts out with the former and ends in the latter.

I think you are on the money with this assessment. It makes the most sense.

:applause:

This would be a really good way to play it.

I think Bruce must perceive Superman as a wildcard.....and there's only one thing left to do: determine quickly if he's a threat that needs to be neutralized for the good of mankind....or if he is actually someone Bats can work with for the greater good. Methinks it starts out with the former and ends in the latter.

I think you are on the money with this assessment. It makes the most sense.

This would be a really good way to play it.

The more I think about it.....this BvS movie is most probably not going to be JUST Bats v Supes.....I'm betting that it's going to be more like:

GL + Bats + WW + Aquaman v Supes.

Here's why: Wonder Woman usually gets sent from Themyscira to deal with the issues of encroachment from the "outside world". Methinks that the world engine and the general havoc wrought by the Kryptonians would push the Amazons to send out an emmisary to investigate...thereby protecting themselves from outside threats which they previously didn't have an issue with to any great extent.

Aquaman is probably out and about for the same reasons...looking for asses to kick when the seas started boiling.

GL is of couse in charge of everything in his sector.....since Earth is his home planet and smack dab within his sector...he's obligated to investigate.

They're going to converge on the one person who can give them answers and who is possibly a threat (since he came out of nowhere and in his wake an entire city was practically leveled).

As far as Cyborg is concerned: I'm not sure how they're going to work in his origin between BvS and JL. In the original comics he was injured and repaired ala bionic man style. In the new 52 storyline he was caught in the event horizon of a boomtube and horribly injured....then fixed with all sorts of hi-tech experimental nanotech. Both scenarios require Star Labs of course.

If they're NOT going to put Darkseid in the first JLA movie or the BvS movie....then the latter origin might be retooled for the movie. I'm thinking Vic was injured during the 1st MOS movie as a byproduct of the Kryptonian slam-fest. Then he gets fixed at Star Labs...and everything moves forward from there. That would be a pretty big ramification for Superman, who apparently will be "haunted" by what took place during MOS. Since there's also going to be alot of "anti-Superman" vibe going on, that would be one more notch in the proverbial belt....and an interesting turn of events considering Cyborg eventually goes on to become one of the JLA. Cyborg's origin being tied to Supes in that way seems like a Snyder/Goyer thing to do.

Flash, I'm not sure how they'd work him in. Maybe just some imagery or reference like hinted at before "some security footage" showing some rapid red blur...but not much more of a presence until the JLA movie.

The more I think about it.....this BvS movie is most probably not going to be JUST Bats v Supes.....I'm betting that it's going to be more like:

GL + Bats + WW + Aquaman v Supes.

Here's why: Wonder Woman usually gets sent from Themyscira to deal with the issues of encroachment from the "outside world". Methinks that the world engine and the general havoc wrought by the Kryptonians would push the Amazons to send out an emmisary to investigate...thereby protecting themselves from outside threats which they previously didn't have an issue with to any great extent.

Aquaman is probably out and about for the same reasons...looking for asses to kick when the seas started boiling.

GL is of couse in charge of everything in his sector.....since Earth is his home planet and smack dab within his sector...he's obligated to investigate.

They're going to converge on the one person who can give them answers and who is possibly a threat (since he came out of nowhere and in his wake an entire city was practically leveled).

As far as Cyborg is concerned: I'm not sure how they're going to work in his origin between BvS and JL. In the original comics he was injured and repaired ala bionic man style. In the new 52 storyline he was caught in the event horizon of a boomtube and horribly injured....then fixed with all sorts of hi-tech experimental nanotech. Both scenarios require Star Labs of course.

If they're NOT going to put Darkseid in the first JLA movie or the BvS movie....then the latter origin might be retooled for the movie. I'm thinking Vic was injured during the 1st MOS movie as a byproduct of the Kryptonian slam-fest. Then he gets fixed at Star Labs...and everything moves forward from there. That would be a pretty big ramification for Superman, who apparently will be "haunted" by what took place during MOS. Since there's also going to be alot of "anti-Superman" vibe going on, that would be one more notch in the proverbial belt....and an interesting turn of events considering Cyborg eventually goes on to become one of the JLA. Cyborg's origin being tied to Supes in that way seems like a Snyder/Goyer thing to do.

Flash, I'm not sure how they'd work him in. Maybe just some imagery or reference like hinted at before "some security footage" showing some rapid red blur...but not much more of a presence until the JLA movie.

i like your idea for wonder woman it could also be they sent her out to the world for a warriors journey and see what happens in MOS and see superman being a god like on earth.

yes, Aquaman would be mad, anger about the world engine destroy marine life in that area. i don't think we could see GL in the film until maybe the mid/ after credit. has for the flash i think it was said that he going to show up in a security camera video.

Cyborg and Darkseid it could be done but we don't even know the villain in BvS and how it going to play which makes it hard. the New52 story could fit more to the movies and done in JL.

Breaking New Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice change release date from May 6 2016 to March 25th, 2016.

I asked Snyder to give me a birthday present. He just missed it by one day.

That wild and crazy guy.

march is a smart move because is one of those months that doesn't have a block buster and it could become like August did with GOTG.

That Forbes.com article a few months back that said both studios would ensure not to allow a competition to disrupt their pending success called it. I believe it talked about the smart move would be someone taking the earlier date, so then one starts off the year and the other takes advantage of the post-excitement.

This makes a lot of sense.

march is a smart move because is one of those months that doesn't have a block buster and it could become like August did with GOTG.

That Forbes.com article a few months back that said both studios would ensure not to allow a competition to disrupt their pending success called it. I believe it talked about the smart move would be someone taking the earlier date, so then one starts off the year and the other takes advantage of the post-excitement.

This makes a lot of sense.

now some are thinking that the other 2016 date could be JL sonce they should be filming back to back.

DC announcing 9 dates and moving BvS Dawn of Justice is a direct result of GOTG movie. WB should have announced this at San Diego Comic Con 2 weeks ago. Clearly WB was waiting for the results and fan reaction to the GOTG movie as it is the biggest gamble any studio has taken with relatively unknown characters.

IMO, its sad to see that WB had little faith in their DC properties and it took a talking raccoon and tree for WB to take a leap of faith.