• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

DC announcing 9 dates and moving BvS Dawn of Justice is a direct result of GOTG movie. WB should have announced this at San Diego Comic Con 2 weeks ago. Clearly WB was waiting for the results and fan reaction to the GOTG movie as it is the biggest gamble any studio has taken with relatively unknown characters.

IMO, its sad to see that WB had little faith in their DC properties and it took a talking raccoon and tree for WB to take a leap of faith.

How is Guardians's results what made DC/Warner move its date? This date change had to be done by either company, which a few detailed analysts clearly called out as the right move for both studios to benefit.

Take the Marvel blinders off, and see reality.

I think at this point, it would have to be a totally messed up -script, horrible acting, terrible special effects and the worst release schedule for this movie to bomb. Now if it sets new records is to be seen, as that is going to take quite the delivery to set a bar that high.

But for this to bomb and throw all the releases off (Sandman doesn't even have any depency on this movie, along with Shazam or something like Preacher) would be a stretch.

plus 9 dc movies release dates also announced

BuYd1IxIMAAbaQj.jpg

That's a lot of sequels.

Guesses!

8/5/16 Shazzam or Lobo starring the Rock.

At two years out, if it was a major character I think we would have heard about it by now.

6/23/17 Wonder Woman

11/17/17 Batman

3/23/18 Sandman

7/27/18 Justice League

Its gotta be a summer opening, and you figure 6/23/17 is too early.

4/5/19 Preacher

6/14/19 Batman 2 - Could be WW2, but Batman seems more of a sure marketing success. This might depend on the success of the first WW movie.

4/3/20 Metal Men? / Some other Horror? / Sandman 2?

probably won't release another JL movie so close to JL 2

6/19/20 Justice League 2

DC announcing 9 dates and moving BvS Dawn of Justice is a direct result of GOTG movie. WB should have announced this at San Diego Comic Con 2 weeks ago. Clearly WB was waiting for the results and fan reaction to the GOTG movie as it is the biggest gamble any studio has taken with relatively unknown characters.

IMO, its sad to see that WB had little faith in their DC properties and it took a talking raccoon and tree for WB to take a leap of faith.

How is Guardians's results what made DC/Warner move its date? This date change had to be done by either company, which a few detailed analysts clearly called out as the right move for both studios to benefit.

Plain and simple. WB got scared. Fearful that it would lose money competing with Captain America 3. There is no way that this announcement today is a coincidence and not a direct correlation with the success of the GOTG movie.

Ask yourself this. Why didn't WB announce this a SDCC when it had the attention of the international media.

Plain and simple. WB got scared. Fearful that it would lose money competing with Captain America 3. There is no way that this announcement today is a coincidence and not a direct correlation with the success of the GOTG movie.

Ask yourself this. Why didn't WB announce this a SDCC when it had the attention of the international media.

It isn't about being scared. It is slowly and smartly building out a franchise after many, many years of blowing their chances and letting opportunity go by. That in itself is the biggest shame when it comes to DC/Warner, as they had so many movies to get that ball rolling.

Now the SDCC thing is the one I scratch my head over, as Warner had to know they were doing this. That leaked information pretty much confirms what is starting to come together.

So yes, the movie schedule timing is odd when we are only two weeks after SDCC 2014. I'll give you that.

Guesses!

At two years out, if it was a major character I think we would have heard about it by now.

6/23/17 Wonder Woman

11/17/17 Batman

3/23/18 Sandman

7/27/18 Justice League

4/5/19 Preacher

6/14/19 Batman 2 - Could be WW2, but Batman seems more of a sure marketing success. This might depend on the success of the first WW movie.

6/19/20 Justice League 2

Remember, there were rumors of a Green Lantern-Flash movie taking place somewhere in this mix of creative properties. That still could be true.

plus 9 dc movies release dates also announced

BuYd1IxIMAAbaQj.jpg

That's a lot of sequels.

Guesses!

6/23/17 Wonder Woman

11/17/17 Batman

3/23/18 Sandman

7/27/18 Justice League

4/5/19 Preacher

6/19/20 Justice League 2

I am glad they cut them to 2 movies a year, as that`s so much better then making 3 a year as was rumored. Now they can take their time and do them right.

:facepalm:

you are deluded

IF they were worried about being outgrossed (which likely wont happen) then the success of CA:TWS would surely be enough to convince them that a date change is necessary

this is a film that is already a fair way into production, they could be way ahead of schedule

It isn't about being scared. It is slowly and smartly building out a franchise after many, many years of blowing their chances and letting opportunity go by. That in itself is the biggest shame when it comes to DC/Warner, as they had so many movies to get that ball rolling.

Now the SDCC thing is the one I scratch my head over, as Warner had to know they were doing this. That leaked information pretty much confirms what is starting to come together.

So yes, the movie schedule timing is odd when we are only two weeks after SDCC 2014. I'll give you that.

GOTG had nothing to do with the change of date it was smart of them to move and take March and give both films enough space to make their money. i don't think any of them would have made past $600 million if they open on the same date. i would agree WB did drop the ball with DC in the past because of the old CEO thinking their were no value in any other character expect batman and superman. the new CEO of WB is not playing around he knows theirs money behind DC characters look how fast we are getting DC shows and building their movie universe.

now for the SDCC i don't think they needed to even show anything of BvS at SDCC 2 weeks ago the movie is not coming out until March 2016. WB/DC most likely have a road map plan out when they are going to make and announcement.

I think at this point, it would have to be a totally messed up -script, horrible acting, terrible special effects and the worst release schedule for this movie to bomb. Now if it sets new records is to be seen, as that is going to take quite the delivery to set a bar that high.

I think that the 20 seconds they screened at SDCC shows that they're on the right track.

Peace,

Chip

FORBES.COM: 'Batman V Superman' Moves to March 2016, More WB Superhero Films Coming

----------------------

Sneider says that among the films planned on some of those dates — besides the obvious Justice League that’s already been announced, a presumed Wonder Woman film, and the announced Shazam film that most of us have known for a while would include Dwayne Johnson — is an Aquaman movie starring Jason Momoa, who has long been rumored for the role but who has denied it all along.

----------------------

:o

And of course, he clarifies once again why either studio had to change out the release date.

---------------------

I’ve previously written at length to explain why either Marvel or Warner would make a choice to move their films to a different date on the calendar, and why it’s not a case of fear or any other such nonsense fans fixate on. This is about business, and in business if your planned roll-out for a new product puts you in competition for attention and consumer dollars with a strong rival, you make the smart decision to release on a better date, and don’t let ego or petty fan rivalries cause you to make bad business decisions. Anyone who thinks Warner is fearful or uncertain about their Batman-Superman-Wonder Woman team-up film isn’t being realistic.

---------------------