• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

And of course, he clarifies once again why either studio had to change out the release date.

---------------------

I’ve previously written at length to explain why either Marvel or Warner would make a choice to move their films to a different date on the calendar, and why it’s not a case of fear or any other such nonsense fans fixate on. This is about business, and in business if your planned roll-out for a new product puts you in competition for attention and consumer dollars with a strong rival, you make the smart decision to release on a better date, and don’t let ego or petty fan rivalries cause you to make bad business decisions. Anyone who thinks Warner is fearful or uncertain about their Batman-Superman-Wonder Woman team-up film isn’t being realistic.

---------------------

Didn't Marvel move Cap 3 directly on the same date as Superman vs Batman in the first place?? So that was a strong play by Marvel, and it worked in Warner backing down. I expect Marvel to the same thing on any of these new dates that Warner just announced. If Marvel wants the date ...you better move it.

It's funny to see Marvel and DC continue their rivalry, yet now cinematically.

And of course, he clarifies once again why either studio had to change out the release date.

---------------------

I’ve previously written at length to explain why either Marvel or Warner would make a choice to move their films to a different date on the calendar, and why it’s not a case of fear or any other such nonsense fans fixate on. This is about business, and in business if your planned roll-out for a new product puts you in competition for attention and consumer dollars with a strong rival, you make the smart decision to release on a better date, and don’t let ego or petty fan rivalries cause you to make bad business decisions. Anyone who thinks Warner is fearful or uncertain about their Batman-Superman-Wonder Woman team-up film isn’t being realistic.

---------------------

Didn't Marvel move Cap 3 directly on the same date as Superman vs Batman in the first place?? So that was a strong play by Marvel, and it worked in Warner backing down. I expect Marvel to the same thing on any of these new dates that Warner just announced. If Marvel wants the date ...you better move it.

It's funny to see Marvel and DC continue their rivalry, yet now cinematically.

how is trying to make as much money as possible backing down?

Cap 3 would have also made less money aswell, this is just the smart business move

What has me most excited, is it looks like we will get FOUR blockbuster Superhero movies a year, two Marvel's and two DC's.

I think it is smart for the studio's to take turns at the theaters. no need to cannibalize each other when the public will gladly watch all the movies if you spread them out.

This is pretty much a dream come true for all of us. I feel so lucky.

I have to agree. It's like any dream you ever had of seeing these characters coming to life finally happening. And where one dominates for a while (Marvel with live cinema, DC with animated movies), it drives the other towards new production goals.

A great time to be a fan of one or both companies.

'Batmobile in action' scene coming this weekend?

-------------------------

If they really are filming a car chase scene over the next few days, hopefully that means they’re bringing out the Batmobile! You have to have a good guy and a bad guy for a chase, right? I don’t think Superman or Wonder Woman would have to drive. Stay tuned to Batman News for all the latest on what goes down on this Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice shoot.

-------------------------

Maybe we will get a chance to see if it is as souped up as some of those photos make it appear.

:wishluck:

ooh i'm beating Bosco to some info here, someone on reddit claims to have found were they are filming Arkham scenes

has the sign up too, it's on Staten Island

On a shuttle with co-workers going to the Mets vs. Nationals game care of our company. So doing my surfing via Galaxy.

I'm from Staten Island. Let me call some family, and see what is going on.

Yeah i think its for the fox show as well.... But in any case its a pretty awesome looking Arkham either for the show or movie! It does make sense that it looks run down as Ive read that in the show Arkham has been closed down for a long time

Reading some of the news bits pertaining to BvS on the web can be quite misleading....if not frustrating.

It's apparent that some of these folks reporting don't have the faintest clue what's going on...and are parroting things as well as distorting things to make it seem like they have a handle.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/562089/20140807/batman-superman-dawn-justice-dark-knight-age.htm

Sources told Badass Digest writer Devin Faraci that when the movie starts, Ben Affleck's character would already be around 50 years old. Thus, he would already have lived for an estimated 30 years.

Well what the hell does that even mean? If Batman is 50, how would he have 'already lived for an estimated 30 years?!!?' It's total nonsense.

"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" will take much of its movie inspiration from Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" finale. If this is the case, then the storyline would point at a different setting in the future. The original members of the "Justice League" including Batman would have already retired.

No, no, no, no, noooooooo! That's ridiculous. There's no Justice League movie yet you idgit!!! Futhermore using your own twisted logic against you:

In "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" the "Dark Knight" is said to still be fairly unknown. No one knows of his existence, nor has a picture been taken of him fighting off crimes. He is still according to Faraci, an "urban legend."

So let me get this straight: Batman is relatively unknown....nobody knows of his existence....never even been 1 picture of him fighting crime. YET, the purported storyline which nobody even really has a firm grasp on yet has a Batman retired FROM the Justice League along with all the other members. Somehow, someway an entire League of superheros is fairly unknown....and retired....FROM WHAT? The League gets together to fight HUGE, MASSIVE, EARTHSHATTERING disasters of EPIC proportions....they don't fight in the shadows without anyone seeing them. Furthermore, you think someone would know of Batman's existence had he been a member of such a League....at least ONE photo op somewhere?

So Batman v Superman is going to be the 'first' meeting of Bats v Supes...but through some unknown construct of logic they were on some legendary team of heroes that's now retired and nobody has ever heard of either of them....(before MOS 1).

Totally ridiculous. Good job Tanya Diente, who must have woken up like Rip Van Winkle and cursorily read someone else's hackjob article as a reference tool before unloading her drivel onto the web.

Why can't people that REALLY appreciate the genre and characters be the only people that write these articles? It's really obvious when someone has no grasp of the material.

Reading some of the news bits pertaining to BvS on the web can be quite misleading....if not frustrating.

It's apparent that some of these folks reporting don't have the faintest clue what's going on...and are parroting things as well as distorting things to make it seem like they have a handle.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/562089/20140807/batman-superman-dawn-justice-dark-knight-age.htm

Sources told Badass Digest writer Devin Faraci that when the movie starts, Ben Affleck's character would already be around 50 years old. Thus, he would already have lived for an estimated 30 years.

Well what the hell does that even mean? If Batman is 50, how would he have 'already lived for an estimated 30 years?!!?' It's total nonsense.

"Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" will take much of its movie inspiration from Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" finale. If this is the case, then the storyline would point at a different setting in the future. The original members of the "Justice League" including Batman would have already retired.

No, no, no, no, noooooooo! That's ridiculous. There's no Justice League movie yet you idgit!!! Futhermore using your own twisted logic against you:

In "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" the "Dark Knight" is said to still be fairly unknown. No one knows of his existence, nor has a picture been taken of him fighting off crimes. He is still according to Faraci, an "urban legend."

So let me get this straight: Batman is relatively unknown....nobody knows of his existence....never even been 1 picture of him fighting crime. YET, the purported storyline which nobody even really has a firm grasp on yet has a Batman retired FROM the Justice League along with all the other members. Somehow, someway an entire League of superheros is fairly unknown....and retired....FROM WHAT? The League gets together to fight HUGE, MASSIVE, EARTHSHATTERING disasters of EPIC proportions....they don't fight in the shadows without anyone seeing them. Furthermore, you think someone would know of Batman's existence had he been a member of such a League....at least ONE photo op somewhere?

So Batman v Superman is going to be the 'first' meeting of Bats v Supes...but through some unknown construct of logic they were on some legendary team of heroes that's now retired and nobody has ever heard of either of them....(before MOS 1).

Totally ridiculous. Good job Tanya Diente, who must have woken up like Rip Van Winkle and cursorily read someone else's hackjob article as a reference tool before unloading her drivel onto the web.

Why can't people that REALLY appreciate the genre and characters be the only people that write these articles? It's really obvious when someone has no grasp of the material.

so true, i think batman is going to be in his 40's with at least 3 or 4 Robins under his bet and maybe one of them could be dead (Jason Todd). which could lead into Batman solo film being base on the "red hood" story line.